Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can kids get a flu shot at CVS or Target?

I am starting to freak out a little. I never got my kids flu shots this year, mainly because I am now working full time, and my pediatrician's office has no late/weekend hours. They open at 9 and close at 4:30.

DD1 has asthma and adrenal insufficiency, and really needs the shot. The flu could easily land her in the hospital with her combined health issues. Taking a day off to make it happen is not an option. Is this something I can do at Target?

How do parents who work full time get this stuff done??
    Green Tea, mom to three

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We got both of our kids' flu shots at Target this year. I believe we paid about $15 for each child. There was a minimum age but DS2 is 4 and they did his.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

I don't know about other places but they won't do them anywhere else around here but in a docs office. It totally stinks and isn't great for working parents I know. 3 years ago they did them at school which was nice. DS#1 has check up every year in the fall with this fall b-day so I always take the day or this year had DH take a 1/2 day and take all of the the kids and get them done all at once and DS#1 got his check up as well. 3 got the shot and 2 got the nasal thing all in one swoop.

DS got his on the way to work the other day at CVS and made an appt so he wouldn't have to wait and I ran into CVS on the way home Thursday. IT isn't easy for sure but that is the way we have to do them every year.

Good luck

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09, 11

My youngest is 6 and got hers at Target the last couple years. It's much more convenient. They do have a min age but it's more like 2 or 3 I think.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The regular CVS wouldn't give it anyone under 18. You had to go to one with a minute clinic.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

mom2akm is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My Costco also has flu shots at $16.95.

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My Target will only do over 18. Might be state by state laws?
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Thanks for all the info! I will get her a shot this week if I have to go to the moon!
    Green Tea, mom to three

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Fwiw, our ped says unfortunately they totally missed it ths yer on which strain was going to be prevalent. Hospital had 13 walk in cases last Sunday alone, and 80% had taken a flu shot I am SO bummed about that.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Red face

That was us last year....at the hospital with the flu, a month after our flu shots. Believe it or not the ER doc laughed about flu shots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast