Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default What are you stressed about???

REALLY?
    I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, I am a stay at home mom who NEVER gets any time off, I had to take my children with me to the dentist yesterday because we don't have a babysitter, I weaned myself off Prozac because of the wicked weight gain, I'm now eating less than 1400 calories a day to try to lose the Prozac weight. Don't even get me started on the fact that DH and I are having a HUGE difference of opinion that effects me every single day.

The dentist says my tooth pain is caused by my grinding my teeth, and that is caused by stress.

DH says, "what are you stressed about?"

ETA: SO sorry, this is clearly not a bargain, but a BP.
    Last edited by Melaine; 03-01-2011 at 08:53 AM.

I totally understand.

DH can't understand why I don't want to have sex.... Um... I would MUCH rather get that extra 15 minutes of sleep. I'm exhausted, it's been a long winter, I have an 8 month old who is trying desperately to walk. The 4 year old won't.shut.up.

"But, you're on prozac... why are you unhappy? What if you got up earlier and exercised?" Really? REALLY? REALLLLY?

He's lucky he left with his testicles in place.

ETA-
    Oops- I got so caught up in the moment...
    This thread belongs somewhere else.
    Last edited by fortato; 03-01-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Wrong place...

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks for commiserating....yeah I totally spaced and posted in the wrong forum. It was definitely meant for the BP but I guess the bargain alert is just too familiar for me!

Sorry DH was a bonehead I think my DH knows if he even tried to say that to me he would get a 15 minute tirade about exactly what I am stressed about!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Melaine, I think that you posting this to the bargains forum was a subconscious expression of a need for retail therapy

Sorry to hear that your (right now not so D)H has misplaced his ability to be empathic.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

I'm sorry things are rough right now and DH is not being more caring. I know you posted about the girls in childcare at the Y, can you utilize that more? Or maybe do a date night childcare swap with another couple so you and DH can have some decompress time?

Hang in there.... I'm just a phone call away if you need someone.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Have you considered a night guard for your teeth? I'm not kidding -- my dentist was on my case for YEARS about grinding and I finally got one. OMG. Seriously. It has changed my life. I sleep soooo much better now!

I have an equally clueless DH. So I can totally relate.

Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Time for him to take the girls for a weekend while you go away! Since it is nothing to be stressed about. Right?

Sorry he is clueless.

Catherine

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have been clenching/grinding my teeth at night again, too. Ugh.

DH recently suggested I go off the Zoloft due to weight gain. I don't think he had a head left when I was done with him.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Staying home with kids is one of the most stressful things I have ever done. Seriously. That alone is enough to stress you out big time. Sorry your H is being a jerk about your stress. Hope you can find some peace and get a break soon.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast