Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Harmony Dreamtime HBB

Is anyone using (or has tried out) this booster? I searched the forums and count not find any recent posts. I am looking for a booster for my 8y.o. and would prefer HB. He is 51", 52 pounds with a 16" torso. His legs are long and I think the Harmony would offer good leg support. I know it does not have EPS foam but it was a best bet by IIHS.

Other ones I am looking at: PWSGL, ProBooster and Monterey.

This is the only review I've seen on it, and it seems like a thumbs up... http://carseatblog.com/5883/first-pe...ooster-review/
    I also know one other mom who uses it and her kid likes it better than her plethora of much more expensive boosters (like even the Clek Oobr )
    It's made of blow molded plastic, so from what I understand, EPS foam isn't necessary and it still does a good job absorbing energy when the head hits it.

I just wish I'd seen one in person! I do have their Lite Rider booster and the quality is good for the price
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Just goes to show that the most expensive may not necessarily mean the best! I think I am going to do site-to-store @ Walmart and see how he fits. You can return it free to the store as well so I won't have to deal with shipping costs.

JGib is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Could you please keep us posted as to what you think about it? I am going to be buying a highback booster for my son sometime this year. I'd love to know what you and your son think about it!! I read all the reviews on the walmart website and everyone gave it 4-5 stars except for one person. So, it looks like a great deal and a good seat.

Jools -- do you mind enlightening me on why blow molded plastic would be equivalent to EPS foam? Why wouldn't other companies use it since it seems to make the seat lighter (which many of the reviewers on the walmart site seem to love the lower weight since it makes it easier to move from car to car). I'm a HUGE believer in getting one of the best seats when it comes to my kids no matter what it costs me, but it would be nice to find a seat that won't make me save up for months to buy it!! :-)

It's just from a brief conversation I had with an ex-Britax engineer about how they had added EPS foam to the old Husky, he was surprised, as EPS, in his opinion, didn't perform quite as well as the blow molded plastic. Similarly, I was corrected by a Combi rep for panning one of their seats for not having EPS foam, which was also made with a similar type of plastic. It's fairly bulky, which may be why it's not more popular? Instead of a single layer of plastic, it's like a vacuum-sealed thermos bottle with two layers and air in between
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by JGib View Post
    Could you please keep us posted as to what you think about it? I am going to be buying a highback booster for my son sometime this year. I'd love to know what you and your son think about it!! I read all the reviews on the walmart website and everyone gave it 4-5 stars except for one person. So, it looks like a great deal and a good seat.

Jools -- do you mind enlightening me on why blow molded plastic would be equivalent to EPS foam? Why wouldn't other companies use it since it seems to make the seat lighter (which many of the reviewers on the walmart site seem to love the lower weight since it makes it easier to move from car to car). I'm a HUGE believer in getting one of the best seats when it comes to my kids no matter what it costs me, but it would be nice to find a seat that won't make me save up for months to buy it!! :-)
    I sure will and will post pics too!

Ah-ha...I see! Thanks for the description. I'm an analytical person, so your description explained it clearly to me (bulkier thick plastic, air inbetween, like thermos). Being analytical, I can often research things to death (ie. what seat to get my child), when it all actuality many of the seats out there are fine if they fit my child, car, and are installed and used correctly.

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Please post a review, I'm curious about it!

Jools, is the FR 85 that type of plastic? It kinda looks like it could be.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

Quote Originally Posted by KDsMommy View Post

Jools, is the FR 85 that type of plastic? It kinda looks like it could be.
    Yep, it sure is
    Julie

PennyS -- Did you order it yet? (the Harmony Dreamtime) If so, have you gotten it? I'm just waiting on pins and needles!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast