Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I have eczema - and my skin is a mess in the winter. I have tried everything!!! Eucerin, Aquaphor, Gold Bond Aloe - none of them work as well as Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the jar. The stuff is amazing!! I usually only use it in the winter. My skin will be so raw it bleeds, and after a day or so with the Cetaphil - 110% better!!

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just realized I didn't answer the question. I have tried a bunch of stuff on my hands.

Right now I am using Neosalus (an Rx cream), and also Eucerin in between times. I started the season trying to use Alba Unpetroleum, but that didn't help at all. The more natural route didn't last long. I will see how the CJ's BUTTer works.

I do really like the Neosalus Rx because it penetrates well and since I wash my hands way too much during a work day it doesn't wash off right away. Between the handwashing, Latex gloves, and below zero temps, my hands are always in sad shape in the winter. Dryness, cracks and then rashy spots on my right hand.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wimama View Post
    Funny my right hand is always worse than my left. And, too much antibacterial soaps kill the skin on my hands. We have some Method hand soap that I think is also drying my hands out. I have noticed the soap I wash my hands in does make a big difference in how dry they are.

I have been meaning to try some CJ's Butter for quite some time. You just tipped me over the edge, I have some BUTTer on its way to me now.
    Good! I felt kind of bad when I went back and reread that you wanted something available at Target........ but seriously - your hands will be forever changed. Five minutes ago my brother just left with a .5oz sample of Monkey Farts Butter I gave him for his knuckles

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Neutrogena hand cream - nothing like it!

My DH gets awful allergies on his hands, rashes boils etc

One night application of Neutrogena is all it takes!

Quite affordable too

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Look Ma New Hands" from Bath & Body Works!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm an RN, and I've tried EVERYTHING, Eucerin does NOTHING for me, even though that is what everyone usually recommends. My hands have never been a same since working as a nurse, even though I'm now a sahm, b/c of the damage from my work. The best lotion I have used is Avon's Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream. I swear by it. Every yr starting from Autumn into early spring, my hands would be in such rotten shape, and I would end up with eczema on my knuckles too. This yr, I started using the Avon MTIHC in early autumn and use it at nighttime before bed. My hands are faring so much better. This is the first time in over 10 yrs where I haven't had eczema on my dry, flaky, red hands. The great thing too is that the price is really affordable. Their body cream in the same line is excellent as well. We use it on our kids after their baths, b/c they would always get eczema before, but they no longer eczema in the winter anymore b/c of this lotion. I really love it. I've tried the lip balm too, but am not diligent enough with its use to really have much of an opinion. I love that particular line. I also tried their vit e lotion, but it didn't work as well. So, definitely give this line a try, it's very reasonably priced for how well it works.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Neutrogena hand cream- I just bought some at Target for 3.79$ and it lasts for a while.

DS1 has excema that usually flares up in the winter. A few years ago, I stopped using anti-bacterial hand soap at the bathroom sink and that has really helped. I usually buy Target brand of liquid hand soap- milk&honey or aloe vera scent. They are knock-offs of Softsoap and do not have anti-bactierial properties added to it. I always thought that was kind of an oxymoron anyway. Isn't soap technically "anti-bacterial"?
    Last edited by liz; 12-21-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4