Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Seagrass Flite is here!

Pics and review to follow, so far I can tell you the assembly was a breeze...

I'm excited for you! Gotta love Diapers.com.

Such a pretty stroller! Can't wait to get your review.

Catherine

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh I'm so excited to hear how you like it. Pics please!

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I can't wait for mine to get here.....its probably going to be a couple more days. Keep us posted on your feedback!

Default oops posted my review to a different thread...here it is

Okay, sorry for the delay...

So I have been wheeling the flite around my house for a few days now and have decided to keep her.

Handling...
    My house is pretty small so we did lots of circles, but the baby seemed very comfortable and it handled well one handed over my carpet and tile. After I decided to keep her I did a test drive with my 2 1/2 year old neighbor outside on the sidewalk and grass, not sure how much he weighs but he seems pretty average size, maybe on the tall side. The flite still handled well one handed except over the grass which required two hands. This is the only time that the bar between the handles popped up, annoying, but not a huge deal, if I am going to be going over rough terrain I would use the BOB anyway. We asked him if he was comfy and he said "yes, I am" and asked to go for a longer walk.

Recline...
    I found the recline to be fairly easy to operate with the baby in the stroller, although I did have to bend down to do it, I'm not sure if that is normal for an umbrella stroller since this is my first one.

Basket...
    Pretty small, I don't think my Skip Hop Dash Deluxe diaper bag would fit but I didn't try it. It would definitely fit my larger Fossil purse which I generally use for errands and a Skip Hop Pronto Changer.

Tippiness...
    I hung my fully loaded diaper bag (although I don't carry much) on the handles with the stroller empty and it did not tip.

Fold...
    Very easy, just pull up on the triggers near the handle and fold forward, automatically locks. Doesn't fold with the infant seat adapter bar on, but it does fold with the bar in the basket. It feels light to me to pick up and throw in the back of my car. I didn't weigh it although I believe Strollerqueen listed at 15lbs, not exactly sure.

Negatives...
    So far the only negative I can see is that the canopy is difficult to open, so much so that I initially thought it didn't work. After a few days of me playing with it it has considerably loosened up, so hopefully that will continue. Also, the bar popping up will be annoying if it happens frequently, but with my diaper bag there I don't know if it will. I'll keep you updated.

Other positives...
    I like that it is slightly more versatile then other umbrellas. I know using the infant seat as a stroller is not optimal, but at the same time, if I'm just running a quick errand and the baby is sleeping, I like having the option to use the adapter bar when its convenient to do so. I also like that I can add the carry cot or snack pack if I decide to buy those.

Overall, I'm happy that I got it. Here are the pics....

http://picasaweb.google.com/jbbhb80/...eat=directlink
    Last edited by jbbhb; 12-05-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: correct link

Thank you for the review! I couldn't access the pictures though--said they weren't public.

Catherine

Thanks for the review! I couldn't see the pics either, but I'll be checking back to see if you update after you've used it for awhile. I'm glad you're keeping it so we can get a review from an extended user.

Oh no! Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out when I get home.

I'm a little jealous of this one. . Such a pretty stroller. And doesn't it have a great big canopy?

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast