Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TLC1994 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Question Skull & Crossbones - Paul Frank

My DD received this shirt as a gift. I have always avoided clothing/accessories with skulls & crossbones. But this Paul Frank shirt has a variation on it on the kite.

http://shop.paulfrank.com/Kite_Flyin...09/p/4248.html

I know this isn't pirate-y or punk rock, which seems to be what most of the skull & crossbones stuff is. I guess I'm just wondering if you'd let your kid's wear it or am I overreacting. I also don't want it to be the kind of thing that comes back to bite me later on, "But Mom, you let me wear that one shirt with the skull & crossbones on it. Why can't I get another one!"

Does anyone know why so much clothing has the skull & crossbone artwork on it anyway?

Any thoughts?

P.S. Here's another Paul Frank skull & crossbone piece: http://shop.paulfrank.com/store/prod...ctid=4261&cs=1

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly, as long as they are "happy skulls", I don't have a problem with skull and crossbones on clothing for my daughters. I'd get that for my daughter if she wanted it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

JBaxter is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't do skulls on my kids cloths. Even my older teens dont wear them ( by choice) I just dont like them.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I don't like them. But I'd probably let my kid wear it if we got it as a present. If ds wanted another, I'd tell him he could buy it with his allowance but that I wasn't paying for it.

Catherine

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I don't do skulls on my kids cloths. <snip> I just dont like them.

Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I don't buy anything with skulls and crossbones. I just don't like it.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed on that first tshirt, it's really small. I would be OK with that. Not so much on the other example you gave (pjs). I don't know why.

OTOH, that Paul Frank monkey kinda freaks me out, I'd be more bothered by that, LOL! We don't do Paul Frank here.

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I could hardly find the skull and crossbones here! IMO, its not the focus of the shirt and I would have no problem at all with my daugther wearing it. But, I think the skull and crossbone looks is SUPER CUTE for kids and have zero problem with it.
    DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

I don't have a problem with skull and crossbones as long as it isn't violent looking with blood or daggers.

I don't like the look of the monkey though, it's just weird.

LOVE the pajamas and wish they came in my size.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I have no objection to skull and crossbones at all. It certainly isn't punk or pirate (again, I don't have a problem with either). What specifically do you object to, re: skull and crossbones?

I think it's just the style, a fad.. no deeper meaning really. For instance.. I don't dress my daughter in skimpy clothes because I think it's creepy to sexualize little girls, but I don't have a problem with her wearing a black Ramones t-shirt with her pink tutu skirt. My sister got Niall a Paul Frank outfit where the skull in the skull and crossbones was replaced with monkey heads. Totally cute.

Either you like the style, or you don't. But I don't think your daughter wearing that shirt is going to cause any damage or anything.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast