Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How Do I Get My Feet in Summer Shape?

Don't have the money for a pedicure. I know I'll be wearing lots of sandals, flip-flops, etc and my feet look hideous ! Anyone have some good, CHEAP suggestions that I can do at home to make my feet look pru-tty?

-J-

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Soak your feet (I do it when my kids are in the bath), then use the PedEgg to scub them down. Apply lotion, and wear cotton socks for an hour or so to hold the lotion in place.

http://www.amazon.com/Pedicure-Foot-...7519915&sr=8-1

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Foot soak ... get some bath salt or something to soften the dead skin. I have a pumice stone that I use to go over my dry heels and rough areas on my feet every time I shower. After soaking and scrubbing, lotion them up well and put socks on to let it soak in (or overnight). I like peppermint foot lotion Burts Bees makes one

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-pro...ot-lotion.html

If you want to paint your toes then first wash them to remove any oils/lotion so the polish will stick well. Get some cuticle remover and a good stick tool to push them back. Trim and file your toe nails. You could buy a buffer block kinda thing like they use in nail salons http://www.amazon.com/Acquarella-BF3...lp_edpp_ttl_in

Base coat, 2 coats of color and then a top coat!

I use Dr Scholl's swedish file to get rid of dead skin. Then I use a heavy duty lotion made for cracked heels. Put some socks on so you don't get greasy goodness over the floor. My socks usually end up off my feet in the middle of the night though.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agree with PP. I also use Neutrogena body oil (it very lightweight) on my feet for a quick fix.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Elilly is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Kerasal foot ointment. This stuff is awesome!
    http://www.kerasal.com/cracked-heels-ointment.shtml
    DD 02
    DS 04

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! Think I will go out and look for a pumice stone or pedi-egg, and try the scrub followed by lotion/oil overnight. Excited to give this a try and hope my feet will be looking presentable soon!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

my feet get VERY cracked and callused since I never wear socks. I use a dremmel on a very low speed - 1 or 2 and sand away all the dead skin. works better after a bath/soak but I always rinse my feet off after sanding them. then I cover w/heavy duty cream - either vaseline or lately gold bond foot cream. and put on dh's socks I do this 1x a week

I also have a little $10 tool from walgreens that is similar works on AA batteries thats good fo the cuticle

I use a pumice stone or an exfoliating foot paddle everyday in the shower, and lotion. Maintenance is important....
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast