Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    a2mom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Question Double Stroller for toddler & newborn

I am trying to find the best double stroller for use with a toddler and newborn. My daughter will be 23 months when our 2nd baby arrives in April. We have a Chicco car carrier and single stroller that we love plus an Ergo carrier but I think a double stroller would be really handy.

I suppose I could use the Ergo for the newborn but the infant insert seems too warm for the summer months when she'll be small enough to require it. Has anyone used the infant insert during summer months & have tips?

We looked at the Baby Jogger series but they're out of our price range new and impossible to find used. I've also checked out the Maclaren Twin Techno (used) and Inglesina Twin Swift - they seem like possibilities. Ideally, I'd like a double stroller that can handle the chicco car carrier but haven't seen that these strollers can handle this. Anyone have experience with the Maclaren or Inglesina double strollers? Thanks!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

people have been having a lot of luck with buying 2009 BG strollers for really discounted prices.

I think amazon and albeebaby.com have some on sale, plus there is a coupon code for albeebaby, even on sale items.
    That might make one more affordable for you.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I debated this ad nauseam and ended up with an unpopular option--Joovy Ultralight. I realized I REALLY wanted a Keyfit-compatible so I could pop baby in and out easily in the frigid winter rather than unbuckle from the seat and lay in the stroller. I've been happy with my choice, although I completely understand why so many prefer the actual push of the BJ and MBUDs.
    GL with your research!

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Can you find a used Valco Twin Trimode? If not, definitely look into the Baby Jogger deals for 2009 models.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My friend with twins, and four year old loves her Twin Techno. She bought it mainly for the twins to use but has used her older child in it with one of the twins and has been happy. The same friend also loves her Bob Revolution double. Another friend with twins and toddler loves her Valco Trimode double. We plan on looking at the Valco too when #2 arrives.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

a2mom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default double stroller

I haven't seen any deals on 2009 Baby Joggers, except on the city classic which is still $380 and I think is too big to fit in our Honda Accord and certainly in the Saturn. Any ideas on where to find these sales on 2009 BJCM?

I appreciate all the tips! Thanks so much! I didn't know about the Joovy stroller working with the keyfit carrier - I'll check that out.

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you can find a BJCCD in person, you should give it a try in the trunk of your Accord. It fit in the trunk of my Chevy Malibu...took up the whole trunk but it fit.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH has our BJCED in the trunk of his accord.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

There are no sales of the BJCMD, only the BJCCD and the BJCED.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

get the elite- much better than the mini double for sure!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast