Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Need recommendation for double stroller

Hi...I'm new to this forum. Hoping some of you could give me a little advice on purchasing a double stroller. DS1 is going to be anyear old in a few days and DS2 is on his way in a few weeks!! Looking at the BJCM and the BJED. I mostly venture to the stores or do light walking around the community. Haven't seen any double strollers with reversable handle bar(I'm a fan of keeping my eye on the newbie. Any recommendations?

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh my goodness, your two are so close together! I love both the bjced and bjcmd, I have the bjced and love it for it's features BUT it is really heavy and I rarely bring it anywhere as it's a pain to put in/out of the car. I would go for the mini, the elite is really just too much stroller unless you'll be using it only outside on rough ground, the mini can handle sidewalks fine GL!

Thanks for the info. Yes, we didn't plan on having two kids so close together but everyone tells me it will be great for thm growing up. As for me, I'll keep my fingers crossed! I've been reading this forum for quite some time and only now joined. I was thinking about the 2010 elite because of the tire issues I've heard so much about and I was a little concerned that my 12 mo old wouldn't be able to sit upright in the mini (he likes to hold the tray in his stroller and look around). Are you aware of the bassinett being compatible with both the mini and the elite? Also, are there any changes to the 2010 bjcm? Thanks

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would get the BJCED. You can always use a single stroller for the toddler and a baby carrier for the baby in crowded places or for travel. I think you will get more use out of the BJCED as you can use that stroller pretty much anywhere outdoors. The BJCMD will not fit taller children. DS2 never used a basinnet (although we had one for DS1). He would just ride on the fully reclined seat with a snuzzler. HTH.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    I would get the BJCED. You can always use a single stroller for the toddler and a baby carrier for the baby in crowded places or for travel. I think you will get more use out of the BJCED as you can use that stroller pretty much anywhere outdoors. The BJCMD will not fit taller children. DS2 never used a basinnet (although we had one for DS1). He would just ride on the fully reclined seat with a snuzzler. HTH.
    I was just about in your situation (my first two are 17 mos apart) and lived just fine with the BJCED until I found myself pg w/#3 and the oldest wasn't yet 3. I'm old and the BJCED was a bit heavy to lift once I'd already lifted two toddlers in/out of my car. If a friend hadn't offered me a free BJCMD and I wasn't pg, I could have totally survived with just the Elite. Often we end up wishing it was in the van and not the mini b/c it isn't as versatile for walking outdoors. I should just switch them.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I find the bjced very heavy and large, almost too much stroller. if it'll be your only double, i say the mini double is the way to go unless you plan to walk some very uneven terrian with it ")

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If I can tag onto this question. I'm expecting #2 this spring - DS will be 21 months. I love the BJCMD BUT my son is very tall (90%) and we expect him to remain so - he's a tiny clone of my 6'3" DH. Any other suggestions in the lightweight mostly-inside category for tall kids (and tall parents since DH will be using this some - I'm 5'7")? Price is not a real concern since we're buying very little new stuff for the baby and I'll be selling my Vista to fund this.

TIA!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    FWIW, the BJCED is on the list of double strollers for us to look for when #2 arrives (yes my 3/1/2 yr. old still likes the stroller) It's much nicer than the mini. Other popular doubles are the Valco Trimode Twin, and the Bob Revolution Dualie.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    If I can tag onto this question. I'm expecting #2 this spring - DS will be 21 months. I love the BJCMD BUT my son is very tall (90%) and we expect him to remain so - he's a tiny clone of my 6'3" DH. Any other suggestions in the lightweight mostly-inside category for tall kids (and tall parents since DH will be using this some - I'm 5'7")? Price is not a real concern since we're buying very little new stuff for the baby and I'll be selling my Vista to fund this.

TIA!
    A friend of mine has a Maclaren Techno XT double and loves it. She is 5'9" and her DH is 6'1" IIRC. She has mainly used it with her twins (now 2), but on occaision has also used it with her almost 5 year old son, and one of the twins with no problem. We have a Maclaren Triumph (you can also get a Twin Triumph, but it won't be as nicely featured as the Techno XT double) and my DD is 40" tall and still has plenty of growing room in her Triumph. I haven't tried DD in a Techno, but all Maclaren seat backs look to be the same height, and all have the same 50lb per seat weight limit The same friend also has nothing but good things to say about her Bob Revolution dualie; it's mainly her outdoor stroller, but she loves it a lot. Since your DS is tall already you might want to look at the Valco Trimode Twin, and the Baby Jogger City Elite (just in case you want something a little more than standard umbrella double). I have seen all three strollers at the mall and they don't look too out of place.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post

TIA!
    I agree with Annie, a Mac double seems like the way to go for you.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, I will check them out. I will admit that I'm in love with the looks of bumbleride indie twin but I know that's way more stroller than we need!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast