Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default A stroller for Disney for BIG Kids?

What is my best option for strollers for my kids at Disney?

My husband really thinks we need to have a stroller for both kids.

We could either do a double stroller for both OR get 2 singles.
    We are leaning toward the 2 singles option. Less fighting.

So, should we rent 2 singles in Disney? Or buy 2 singles strollers
    and re-sell them later?

My 5 yrs. old son is 44 pounds and my 8 yrs. old daughter is 60 pounds.

Thanks!!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

I would totally buy and re-sell over renting. You will come out ahead financially, and you will have the stroller for long walks back to the car, etc. At the weight of your children, the only double I would consider is the MBUD. We used ours several places with no probs when our older ones were at that weight. I prefererred the double just because I could stay with it while DH took the kids on rides, or went to the bathroom, etc. There were plenty of times DH couldn't push it, so I would have been stuck pushing two singles. But I know a lot of people do prefer two singles. At least you have many more choices with singles.
    Strollerqueen

Quote Originally Posted by strollerqueen View Post
    I would totally buy and re-sell over renting. You will come out ahead financially, and you will have the stroller for long walks back to the car, etc. At the weight of your children, the only double I would consider is the MBUD. We used ours several places with no probs when our older ones were at that weight. I prefererred the double just because I could stay with it while DH took the kids on rides, or went to the bathroom, etc. There were plenty of times DH couldn't push it, so I would have been stuck pushing two singles. But I know a lot of people do prefer two singles. At least you have many more choices with singles.

I'm a stroller idiot. What is the MBUD?
    Corie

-fortune cookie

Sorry. Mountain Buggy Urban double. There is also the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle double. It is the Euro version. Main difference is that it comes with a raincover instead of tire pump, and the handle is not height adjustable. And then there is the Mountain Buggy Elite double. Main differences are that it comes with two thick fleece pads, diaper bag, and better fabric (a soft cotton canvas.) There are some amazing deals on them NIB on Ebay, from $399 to $459. They were handmade in NZ and hitting the thousand dollar mark, before they were bought out by Phil and Ted's.
    Strollerqueen

Thanks so much!!!

(I've only purchased 2 strollers total for my kids and this was years ago!
    So I am really pretty clueless when it comes to strollers.)
    Corie

-fortune cookie

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I used the Mac Quest for DS who was 4 and weighed 42 lbs at the time. It was a lifesaver at times. It isn't as nice as the MBUD but is about half the cost. They have a high resale value. They fold very small. The sun shade is high and so he can sit up straight with it above his head just fine. DS would ride in it some and then we'd park it and leave it for some time.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We went to NYC when my kids were 4 and 6 and roughly the same weight as yours (maybe a little lighter) and we took a Volo and Quest. This was perfect because they were so easy to stow away for transportation, which you'll also find at WDW. If you took two strollers you could also just take one for certain times and let the kids share, but you'd have the option of each pushing one. If you buy one, you'd get you money back on resale, or most of it. Hope that helps!
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We used a Volo for my very tall 5 year old last year and it worked great. It tipped over alot when DC wasn't in it, but it's nice and lightweight...

We went to Disney over the summer. My kids were 6 and 2.5 at the time. My 2.5 year old rode in the stroller or was carried by Daddy almost the entire time, but she's extremely lazy ("I can't walk! My legs don't work! I'm too tired to walk!"). We took our P&T E3 with the doubles seat because we assumed even the 6 year old would be tired from walking at Disney in the heat. Well, I think *I* complained more than her. She walked the whole thing without complaining at all. I think she rode ONE time when we were leaving Magic Kingdom one time after being there most of the day. She rode out to the tram. That was it.

Anyway, I wouldn't invest a lot in a stroller with kids that age. Maybe wing it and see if you truly even need a stroller? Then you could always rent if you have to since you are considering renting anyway?

I did like having a stroller just to carry around our junk though. Misting fans, small cooler with bottles of water, bag with snacks and night light sticks, etc....

Corie, how are you doing with this? If you wish to take singles, take a look at the Maclaren Starck (seat back is FIVE inches taller than on other Macs) , Valco or TFK Buggster,(seat is so wide I can sit in it!) or BJ MICRO, not Mini. Seat is roomier, and you don't need the deeper recline at these ages.
    Strollerqueen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast