Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Shutterfly vs. Snapfish photobooks

Is there a difference? Are the shutterfly books more popular because of the free codes or are they also better quality books?

One more question, I am tempted to make a photobook for DD using the free code, but I would really like to wait until after her first birthday so I can have pics from her whole first year. Do you think there will be more codes before Christmas? DD's birthday is Dec 12th, so I would like to wait until after that to make the book. What do you think?
    Last edited by happymom; 11-15-2009 at 01:51 AM.
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have used shutterfly, and really liked the quality and choice of design. I have not used snapfish.

As for those free codes, there seem to be a lot of them lately- hard to tell when more will be coming along.....GL!
    Last edited by liz; 11-16-2009 at 11:33 AM.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have used both and felt the quality of Shutterfly was much better. The printing was nicer and they interface was far easier to use.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you cannot find a code for a free book, consider getting an annual plan. If you purchase a Shutterfly annual plan for $30, you get a 30% discount on prints for a year, plus you get a larger sized photo book for free ($30 value). In the past, there were not nearly the number of codes for free books. IIRC, you have about a month to create the book after purchasing the plan. I have used this to create our best of 200x books for the past few years.

http://www.shutterfly.com/prints-pos...ual-print-plan

There is also a recent thread for $10 off.

Snapfish is not my fav. I have received fuzzy prints from them....
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

I've ordered both. I think Shutterfly's products are a bit nicer. BUT I've had shutterfly freeze up on me in the middle of making a book--more than once and using different computers. Last time, it became impossible to finish the book, which was awful because I had invested hours in uploading pics and choosing layouts and writing text. So I switched to Snapfish and had no problems.

Catherine

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I've ordered both. I think Shutterfly's products are a bit nicer. BUT I've had shutterfly freeze up on me in the middle of making a book--more than once and using different computers. Last time, it became impossible to finish the book, which was awful because I had invested hours in uploading pics and choosing layouts and writing text. So I switched to Snapfish and had no problems.

Catherine
    When this happened to me before and I had an expiring coupon, I called Shutterfly and they extended my coupon. I have BTDT and know how frustrating it can be! Even with all of the expiring coupons yesterday, I did not experience any problems, so I think they must have improved their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    When this happened to me before and I had an expiring coupon, I called Shutterfly and they extended my coupon. I have BTDT and know how frustrating it can be! Even with all of the expiring coupons yesterday, I did not experience any problems, so I think they must have improved their system.
    It's good to know that the costumer service was responsive.

When this happened to me a few months ago, I wasn't trying to use a coupon, I had a deadline for my project. So I switched to snapfish and lost all the time invested on shutterfly.

And when it happened to me long ago (probably three years or so ago) it never completely resolved. I would be able to work on the book for a few minutes then it would freeze up again. I finally got those books done, but it took me a lot longer than it should have.

Catherine

Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How do either of these compare to My Publisher? I'm getting ready to make my first photo book and was thinking of using them.
    DS1 - Oct. '09

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe it's because I used Snapfish first, but I think their interface is easier than Shutterfly's. From what I've seen, the quality is about the same.

I once ordered something from Snapfish that was damaged when it arrived. They were very helpful and shipped a replacement (actually, 2 of them!) right away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast