Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Up all night till dawn. Anyone else?

Just sitting up listening to music and not going to sleep. Anyone else up until the sun comes up?

Basically if I don't go to sleep its as if the next day won't come. Its hard to explain. But I do know that I don't want to go to sleep.
    Last edited by DeeEast; 10-28-2009 at 02:59 AM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm up but hopefully not that long. You have a lot on your mind. Try and get some rest, OK?

for Sandy Hook

Thanks. I just wish I knew how to turn my mind off. It just doesn't have that on/off switch. : )

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When did you last sleep? Your body *needs* rest....you must try to stay well.

I do sleep, but at the most inopurtine times. DH has a very nice schedule so he is here a lot. But the night-time is the worst. I actually got mad at him the other night for sleeping well through the night when I was up all night. Men vs. Women. But that's another thread.

Kitten007 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You know....I know you are going through a heck of a lot!.....but sometimes just enjoy that one day you stay up all night, I do it occasionally and it is the MOST WONDERFUL time. The next day I make it till bed time and then the sleep the next night is just so peaceful and I feel like I get the best night's sleep! Enjoy yourself mama!!! You so deserve it!
    Two Crazy Boys and A Baby Girl!

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEast View Post
    I do sleep, but at the most inopurtine times. DH has a very nice schedule so he is here a lot. But the night-time is the worst. I actually got mad at him the other night for sleeping well through the night when I was up all night. Men vs. Women. But that's another thread.
    I hear you. The night time is such a 'perfect' time to reflect and worry and imagine. Know you are not alone.

mariza is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just woke up and knowing I have to be up in 2 hours for the day made it tough to stay in bed.
    Yes DH's are wired completely different. When DD was 7 months old we had a short period where her WBC count was through the roof and for a couple of weeks no one knew why. She was tested for Leukemia during that time too which was awful, so to a very small extent I know what you have been going through. I did a lot of what you are doing while DH worked worked worked. I was so mad at him, felt like he should be awake with me, but that is how he dealt with things. Finally they figured out she had a kidney infection due to kidney reflux which has been very manageable. I know it's nothing compared to what you are going through, but just wanted to let you know I can relate to some extent. Continuing to send P & PT your way. Stay strong & get some rest Mama!
    Monkey See (DD) 01/05
    Monkey Do (DS) 09/06

Up worrying about much less stressful stuff than you are. DH is sawing logs behind me.
    And for you.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hit 30 weeks and my body took on a weird sleep schedule. Sometimes I fall asleep around midnight to 1 am but then wake up at 3 am ready to go. Stay up until DH goes to work (6am) then go back down for a few, sometimes several, hours. I blame it on DH going out to bars when he was unemployed - I would wait up and he kept coming home later and later and I just got used to staying up til all hours. And my boss regularly changes my work schedule and that screws with my internal clock. I still haven't gone to bed yet. DH is sleeping peacefully on the couch (my acid reflux makes me sleep on the couch, he started sleeping on the other one b/c he didn't like me being out here alone. ) I am working on packing my hospital bag and washing laundry.

I think tonight the pressure and mild but regular contactions are keeping me up. I'm 80% effaced and the baby is fully engaged but not dialated. It has me super excited and nervous. I wish the doc hadn't checked me.

I tend to stay up all night long and worry. DH doesn't. ever. I hate discussing things in bed or before bed because then i'm up until I create a plan/solution and there are somethings you can't just create solutions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast