Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Double Stroller Suggestions

My second child is due in April, and I'm starting to look at double strollers. The kids will be between 14 and 15 months apart in age. Does anyone have any suggestions on what stroller would work best? I'm lost! Thanks!

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Depends on wether you will be using it mainly indoors or out...and where you live. we live in so cal where the weather is always nice and do lots outside so the baby jogger city classic double was best for us. check it out, it's on sale for less than $400 right now. the bj city mini double is also super nice if you want something for more indoors

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

With two that close, I'd opt for a Baby Jogger City Mini Double and something for outside (if you have a garage). We love the Elite double, but the Bob Revolution Double or the Summit 360 would be great choices as well.

We've found that with 2 kids close together, life is just easier if you have the right gear.

PRmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Today show had a segment on strollers just the other day. They listed the City Mini as the best stroller.

http://community.todaymoms.com/_news...right-stroller

Also, if you have a big budget, check out the baby jogger city select or icandy peach blossom if you need something for a lot of indoor use. Side by side are usually strictly for outdoor use.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsoul99 View Post
    Side by side are usually strictly for outdoor use.
    What do you mean? We use our SBS doubles inside all the time.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    What do you mean? We use our SBS doubles inside all the time.
    Most side-by-side doubles are made to fit through a standard doorway. MY BJCCD fits through my basement door, drugstore aisles, etc. I highly recommed a 2009 BJCCD. Kitten 007 just got one with a bunch of accessories for about $380. I don't get tandems. They are harder to steer and tall/older kids will not fit in those comfortably.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PRmommy View Post
    The Today show had a segment on strollers just the other day. They listed the City Mini as the best stroller.

http://community.todaymoms.com/_news...right-stroller
    The BJCMD is nice if your kids fit in it and if you don't want to use it in rough terrain.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

okay, so you CAN use a side-by-side indoors, but it depends on where you live if this is a good idea or not. Look at where you spend most of your time inside, or if you spend most of your time outside. Do you need to load it up in your car a lot? will you need a good canopy?

I personally shutter at the thought of taking my large 30lb BOB (only 1.5 inches wider than the narrowest of side by sides) in and out of the car, or taking it to the mall. It's not doors I'm worried about, it's inside stores. I'd have to leave it and my babies in the larger main aisles of any store, if it will get anywhere past the main door. But that's my own situation.

If you plan on staying mostly outdoors, a bob(I would only get this one if you job/run), bjccd, mountain buggy urban double, Tfk twinner, easywalker, and i'm sure there are some other good ones.

BJCMD is a great lightweight side by side (26 lbs) that is easier to load up in your car, and can handle some outdoor use.

The baby jogger city select and icandy peach blossom, although have not been released yet (December and spring respectively), look like a good option for those with younger, smaller kids close in age like yourself. They look like they can handle outdoor use and fit well indoors. Plus you can turn them into a single again when your older child will want to walk more. Also look at the Uppababy Vista with rumbleseat. The Phil&Ted with double seat is Loved and Hated on this forum.

I agree that it's a good idea to steer clear of most tandem strollers, although these tend to be the most budget friendly. They're rather hard to steer.
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

Default I got a P&Ts for our 2 kids

I'm surprised no one has even mentioned it. We got a Phil and Teds Sports. It's a all-terrain single stroller, and you have the option of attaching a second seat. We chose this over any others, because my daughter was 20 months when her baby brother came along. She was waaaaay too rough for them to sit in a side-by-side (I pictured her poking, prodding, pulling on the baby's hair, etc.) We didn't want to get a tandem, because they are so long and hard to steer. 18mos later, I'm still very happy with the purchase. I often go out with only one kid at a time, so it's great that I can just have a single stroller. If I was in the market now, I'd probably choose the same given how rough my older child is. lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast