Angry OMG I'm Going Crazy!

Can someone please remind me WHEN, WHEN, WHEN will I stop losing my hair after having a baby? I am freaking out, it is so annoying and I swear it's amazing I have any hair left at all.

Thanks!

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

it was months for me. I don't remember exactly, but I have thin hair to start with, so I had full on bald spots. Not fun. Sorry

It was months for me too. It was incredibly annoying. Sorry.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

tiapam is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How old is your baby? It might be a good idea to have your thyroid function checked, just in case. Changes in hair are a big symptom. But I did have lots of hair changes with DC, too.
    Also, is your hair breaking off or falling out at the follicle?
    -Pam

DD: 6 YO
    DS: 3 YO

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ITA with the thyroid check. Even if it was fine pre pregnancy your hormones could be a little out of whack. Also, you need to still be taking your prenatal or another good vitamin. Pregnancy is hard on the body!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I'm right there with you DS is almost 4mo and I've been losing all my lovely thick pregnancy hair like crazy. I try to remember my prenatal/BF vitamin but tbh I had a hard time remembering it when I had a huge bump to remind me. Now it's nearly impossible to remember when making sure me, DH, DS, and all our gear gets out the door in the morning. On the plus side, when I had my hair dyed after pregnancy it took a whole bottle of dye to cover all of it :P so hopefully future updates will go quicker.
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hear ya. My DS is 6.5 mos old, and my hair has been falling out like crazy. I don't remember it falling out this much with DD. It's just now starting to taper off a bit. I'm hoping it will stop soon. That combined with DS constantly pulling out my hair.....super annoying!
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

My DS is almost 8 months and I'm still losing a lot of hair, I don't mind though since my hair has always been thick.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I didn't lose any hair, but one time when I was 27 or 28 I thought my hair thinning a bit so I started using Nioxin shampoo/conditioner and boy did that stuff work. Try that. Good luck!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)