Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE: Stay away from Etsy -- its a scam (help requested post 30)

I will never purchase from etsy again. On May 22, I purchased a mommy necklace from christinaguenther on etsy. At the time, she had great feedback.

Well, its been TWO MONTHS and still no necklace. Apparently, its not just me either. She's closed her shop (hmmm, suspicious?) and all her recent feedback is negative, with everyone saying the same thing. Payment and no goods delivered.

I've convo'd the seller repeatedly and only get auto-replies in return. She won't respond to individual emails.

Of course, because I was patient, I can't even make a claim through PayPal.

No more etsy for me. Live and learn.
    Last edited by bubbaray; 07-31-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Wow, that really sucks. I actually also ordered a necklace from her. It took forever to come (compared to other things I've order thru Etsy), but it did come, and is nice. She left feedback for me along the lines of "great conversing with you" or something similar, though she never convo'd me or contacted me throughout the entire process. Even if I don't get a convo from a seller, I usually get an automatic paypal shipping notice.

I just checked her shop's website here thru the "my etsy" function and the gist is that she's overwhelmed. Of course, maybe she shouldn't have accepted so many orders? I think I got a business card when I got my necklace. I'll poke around and see if I can find it, and a phone/email.

I would be extremely po'ed too
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Link to Etsy forums: http://www.etsy.com/forums_main.php I never use them because they don't look like this one and I can't figure them out. But maybe you can find some info there, or other disgruntled buyers.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Etsy has a grievance process (outside of paypal.) I think it's listed under "support." This totally sucks (although I doubt it will cure my Etsy habit.) Good luck, I hope you get your necklace, or a refund.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Filed with etsy's grievance process and they don't even respond to emails.

If I were within the time limits for PP, I'd be golden.

Live and learn. Stay away from etsy.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

That sucks! Did you pay with a credit card through paypal? If so maybe you could dispute the charge with your cc company. I hope you get your money back.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That really sucks. Can you possibly still dispute the charge on your CC registered with PP?

PSA: You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute with Paypal.

I am afraid that I have become addicted to etsy, but will be certain to keep in mind the PP deadline when making a purchase. Thus far, we have been very pleased with the quality and service. I am sorry you had such bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    Link to Etsy forums: http://www.etsy.com/forums_main.php I never use them because they don't look like this one and I can't figure them out. But maybe you can find some info there, or other disgruntled buyers.
    Interesting -- NO buyers at all over there it seems.

I really feel like etsy is a huge scam now. VERY disappointed.

Totally bummed I won't be getting my necklace either. I hope there is karma and this thief gets what's coming to her.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    That really sucks. Can you possibly still dispute the charge on your CC registered with PP?

PSA: You have 45 days from the payment date to open a dispute with Paypal.

Thanks. Doesn't matter -- I'm at 60 days now.

Hmmm, that's a good idea about the CC, though. If I get the charge reversed through my CC and PP, will PP go after the seller? Because I REALLY want to screw this lady now. She messed with the wrong buyer. I'm pi$$ed and I've had a bad week. And its only Tuesday.
    Melissa

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Etsy as a whole is not a scam, but obviously your seller got overwhelmed and is not fulfulling orders.

I hope you get it resolved!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast