Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    So people in the US who are in the middle of an asthma attack have no access to rescue inhalers? I thought all rescue inhalers (Ventolin being the most well-known, but not the only one) were all albuterol based???
    No, the problem is that the old style inhalers with CFC as propellant are no longer sold. The new stales are BRANDNAME-HFA. It's highly confusing and there have been news articles, public service notices and such informing people of this fact since this time last year and it went into effect around december.

So you can get albuterol just with a different propellant and I know a few people who now have to use spacers with their inhalers because they don't spray like thay are use to.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ah, I think she was referring to the fact that inhalers that use CFC were discontinued as of December 2008. But any inhaler labeled "HFA" is already CFC-free. So Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, albuterol HFA, Xopenex HFA, etc. are all CFC-free inhalers.

Read about it here: http://www.ventolin.com/environment-...-inhalers.html
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3