Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Any cleaning products you can't part with...

I have switched most of my cleaning products to green/natural ones. There are three things I just can't seem to let go of, though.

1) Clorox wipes. It's an addiction!

2) Tilex Mold and Mildew- I HATE our white on white bathroom tile. I've tried so many products, and the only thing that seems to work is the Tilex. Maybe if I cleaned the shower more often I wouldn't have the mold/mildew problem!

3) Scrubbing Bubbles foaming spray. I love this stuff! Spray it on my glass shower doors, walk away, come back a few minutes later and rinse. It's awesome! Smells nice, too.

Any yucky chemical stuff you just can't seem to let go of?

Oh...guess I also need to add my Tide Free to the list.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I use Merlins Magic for most of the bathroom wipedowns. But I still need to put a little bleach into it because the toilet in the master bath is OLD and it STINKS and only bleach can get it off. For a few days, sigh. And the toilet in the girls' bathroom is where I flush and hose all the poop diapers, so I just feel a little better with a tiny bit of bleach added.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

vinegar! It cleans everything
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    vinegar! It cleans everything
    Does it clean moldy mildewy stuff in grout? That yucky pinky water discoloration around the sink drain, too? I have used it to mop the floors, but not in the bathroom.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I clean everything with nothing but vinegar and water. I am sooooo green.

But my twice-a-month cleaning lady uses Clorox Clean-Up, Windex, Pledge, Fabuloso, Soft Scrub....... LOL. The only thing we asked her to NOT use was the Tilex since (1) DH says it kills the grout (2) it gives me the willies.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I now only use....

vinegar and water
    TJ castile soap (similar to Dr. Bronner's)
    TJ's Cleanliness is Next to Godliness all purpose cleaner (green cleaner), and I could live without this if I had to

I love them. I love being able to have the kids help me because I don't have to be afraid of the cleaners.

That yucky pinky water discoloration around the sink drain, too?
    I have found the key to preventing this is to wipe the sinks every day. Just a quick wipe with a rag once a day does wonders to keep my sinks clean.

I motivatedmoms.com.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Vinegar and castille soap are my go-tos for just about everything. But, if you want a non-green product that I still use it would be dishwasher soap. I still use cascade after trying every better for the environment brand I could find.

Beth

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just started using Ecover and for me it works just as well as Cascade. And I never thought I would give up on Cascade!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I just started using Ecover and for me it works just as well as Cascade. And I never thought I would give up on Cascade!
    I'll have to check that one again. Is it only in tablet form or do they have a powder or liquid option? I only run it on "light wash" to save water (the dishes get just as clean) but those tablets would make too much soap, or so I have always guessed and thus never tried.

Beth

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We just tried the Costco green detergent (powder) and it has been working very well.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast