Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need help from Nintendo Wii owners...

I broke down and got DH a Wii for Christmas - he's been wanting one for a while.

I got the basic console, but my question is what else do I need to buy? Do I need another remote controller? What are some fun games for adults (and I use that term loosely )?

TIA!
    DS1 1/05
    DS2 5/08

deannanb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

what did your system come with?
    one controller? any games? wii sports?

why did DH say he wanted one? was there a particular game he wanted?

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A good starting point is Wii Play. It is a set of simple games which are designed to help you learn how to use the controller effectively, and it comes with an extra controller for about $50. A controller alone is $40.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

jennifer_r is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We (no pun intended) finally broke down and it's our gift to each other this Christmas. We picked up another remote. In terms of games, we picked up MarioKart and Zelda; that's it for now but we'll probably get MarioGalaxy (is that what it's callled?). We loved MarioKart and Zelda from the other Nintendo systems (N64 and Gamecube) and I've heard great things about the Wii versions. If you get MarioKart, it will most likely come with a wheel (ours did), but, you'll need two if you want to race each other - or more wheels (up to 4) depending on how many people are going to race. For each wheel, you need a remote. The person at the gamestore can help you with accessorizing your Wii.

Hope that helps and I'm interested in what other games people recommend.

Wii play is fun, but at least get another controller ($35 shipped at Amazon) we got a second nunchuck because DH and his brother like to box each other

We have Rock Band, but it is an investment, we do like to play it as a family (DS... 3 in Feb will play guitar or drums or sing, not plugged in of course )

We also have the Lego Star Wars which we enjoy, we try to only choose games we can play with DS or at least with him in the room, but since we play as a family, we get alot of use out of Rock Band and Wii Sports.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Guitar Hero! Seriously.

We had a group of friends (mixed age range from infant to 50's) over for a holiday party last night and played Guitar Hero. Everyone took a turn and we all had a blast. The two almost 4 yo's were jammin' too!

FTR, we have Guitar Hero III- Legends of Rock and a second guitar.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have 2 controllers and make do with that. We got the Wii Play with the second remote included.

The games we have

Boom Blox (got it last night for Hannukah... fun game for kids and adults)
    Carnival Games
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Zelda
    Lego Star Wars
    Lego Indiana Jones
    Mario Party
    Super Smash Bros
    Spongebob
    Metroid

I have heard good things about Mario Cart and a game called Active Life Outdoor Challenge... this one involves a game mat that you put on the floor so you have to MOVE to play it even more than just moving the remote!

Good Luck and have fun with your Wii!!!!!

I would pick up Guitar Hero! It is my husbands favorite. I also would get an extra controller, you guys are all going to want to play!

Ann

Mario Kart is a favorite here and Outdoor Challenge is one we're getting for Christmas. I'll let you know how it is in a few days.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Bought Mario Kart for DH for Christmas. He loves MLB and NCAA football, but I wouldn't consider them a "family" game.

My best friend swears by Guitar Hero - but she says to get the World Tour for better music options. She loooooves it. I'm not a huge gamer, so nothing really excites me.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast