Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mystery BRU Crib Brand: "Koala Home"

I saw a crib I liked at Babies R Us this past weekend, the tag read "White Taylor Lifetime Crib", by "Koala Home", but I cannot find any information about this company anywhere. Its not on their website either...

Has anyone heard of this company, or, perhaps own this crib?

pic of tag: http://lh6.ggpht.com/plwagner/SPzW3B...0/IMG_0791.jpg
    pic of crib: http://lh5.ggpht.com/plwagner/SPzW3u...0/IMG_0792.jpg

Thanks!
    Last edited by foodparty; 10-21-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Koala is a BRU store brand for clothes, linens, etc. My guess is that they have branched out into furniture with the "Home" label. I would think it would be as good as any not super top of the line. One good thing might be that if there was something wrong, they are local and you could go there with your problem.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Koala baby makes linens, maybe google that or email the Fields?
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

I asked a sales lady at BRU this week who the manufacturer is of this sturdy white (yippee) Taylor Lifetime crib and she came back with... Baby Cache. Who???!!! So I came home and researched Baby Cache and found out that it is a commercial line from Munire Furniture (highly recommended by the Fields). Munire is not doing so well in the reviews section on BabyBargains.com. Quality issues are the biggest complaint, followed by long lead times, and poor service. However, a search for Baby Cache netted hits from a site called Buzzillions.com where the quality and lead times have not been a problem (Google "baby cache reviews"). So, it sounds like a crap shoot.
    I knocked the crib around a bit while I was at BRU and noticed it was pretty sturdy. The fit and finish seemed good to me and I liked that the front and sides of the crib did not show any bolt holes unlike some other higher priced units on the floor. I don't know what the crib looks like in toddler and twin/full bed form. But since the parent company is Munire, I'm ordering all the parts at one time to avoid discontinuation of the product and its accessories later on down the road. BRU already quoted a two (2) week lead time for just the crib.
    Sorry for the rambling but no one has reviewed this product yet. I'm not completely sold yet, but if I buy it, I'll make sure I post a complete review.

Default Any information about this crib?

Hello -- My wife fell in love with this crib at BRU but I'm hesitant to buy it w/o learning a bit more about it. Sounds like its a private label brand at BRU.... Does anyone know for sure who manufactures this crib? Would you trust it for your baby?

The Koala Home White Taylor Lifetime Crib appears to be VERY solid and sturdy.... and the BRU label says JPMA certified. But why isnt there any more information out there about this crib out there?

Many thanks for any thoughts or assistance!

Default any updates?

hi there,

just wondering if anyone from this thread actually purchased the crib and has any feedback on it so far? would love to hear your thoughts ~

thanks!

Default White Taylor Crib Bru Koala Home

ok here is a little more on the mystery of the white taylor crib i did buy this crib i like it very much it is very sturdy and also needed to order a part no fault of them. bru took care of it no problem at all. anyway on the box it shows baby cache 9 new england ave picataway newjersey 08854. from another response i checked out munire furniture same address but when you call munire furniture the will give u a number for baby cache 18665955175 there really is a baby cache. speaking with sales person at bru baby cache makes the crib for koala home which is a bru company but koala home also known as foremost furniture. very confusing. i think the crib is very well made and am very happy with it. this just happens to be an exclusive piece made for bru and is a fairly new crib.
    hope this helps a little. still no reviews maybe because it is still a new item

Default Mattress Support

Ok, I had another look at this crib at BRU and it seems very solid and sturdy and we're leaning towards buying it. At $300 it seems like a great deal for such a solid crib thats made by a recommended manufacturer (Munire via their Baby Cache brand name)

My only concern is the mattress support. It looks like most cribs support the mattress with metal springs.... But the Koala Home crib supports the mattress with a wood or MDF platform. Any thoughts on concerns with that?

We received this crib as a gift from our registry at BRU. We had also registered for the dresser (more on that later). We live in the Chicago suburbs. My mom had ordered the crib on Oct 18th and we picked it up from the store in our area exactly two weeks later (btw, you will need an SUV/pickup if you intend on getting it home from the store yourself). The box listed the Baby Cache information that the other posting mentioned. We assembled the crib in less than an hour, instructions are very simple and there are only five pieces. We chose the color white and the finish seems very nice and consistent on all pieces. I'm extremely happy!

The mattress support is a piece of MDF reinforced with solid wood ribs. It attaches to the crib frame with stationary metal brackets and bolts (not springs). I was also slightly concerned about MDF being strong enough but after seeing it in person I'm not worried at all about safety.

As for the dresser... we waited until after our baby shower to place our order. Big mistake. We got placed on the "waiting list" for the dresser on November 30th and BRU has no idea when it will be available. We technically can't even place our order yet! I've been calling BRU each week to check on status but so far no luck BRU claims that it is very popular and when the manufacturer has some available to purchase they will call us so we can place our order... and then wait a few more weeks for it to come in...

thanks for the responses!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast