Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemama
    Ok - thanks guys. You've saved me from the Aria.
    I won't get it.

I think I read someone is going to post pictures of the navy zippy '07 today? or was it the marina '08?

I'm getting close to ordering the navy color '07 (still confused if it's called cielo or marina..)

That was me - I'm getting ready to post pics of the 2008 marina now on the forum I started.

Default So what about the differences between this year's P3 and past years' models?

Have you found it that the onehand fold, handle length and other features have changed a lot? Would it be worth paying more for the 2008 model for whatever improvements they have made, or a better deal to find a 2007 or even a 2006 model if they are mostly still the same.

I'm thinking of getting a P3 to go with a Safeseat, and I think that all of the past year's Pliko's are compatible, so it would just be a matter of if there are features on certain years that are better than others.

Any thoughts?

I don't know how well this table will post but I put together this comparison before I made up my mind to purchase a 2007 P3 from Albee Baby. No baby yet - she's not due until June - but DH assembled it and we're very happy with it so far. I can see where improvements were needed in the cupholder, and we likely won't even attach it. I've gotten thru 30 years of my life without needing a cupholder for my water bottle, I'll just keep throwing it in my purse like I always have!!

Peg Perego P3 2007
    Peg Perego P3 2008
    One-hand fold – Very compact and freestanding when folded, Handle for carrying when folded
    One-hand folding. Very compact when folded. Handle for carrying when folded.
    Ergonomic handles with comfort padding adjust to height preference of parent
    Ergonomic handles with new comfort padding adjust to height preference of parent.
    Travel-system: Retractable car seat anchors to instantly attach matching Peg Perego car seat (sold separately) (includes strap to attach other manufacturers' car seats)
    Travel System: Retractable car seat anchors to instantly attach matching Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Car Seat (sold separately).
    5-point freedom of movement harness for security and well-being of the child
    5-point freedom of movement harness for security and well-being of the child.
    Built-in rear footboard provides safe ride for 2nd passenger
    Built-in rear footboard provides safe ride for 2nd passenger.
    Adjustable water bottle holder to accommodate larger bottles
    Improved cup holder adjusts to accommodate larger bottles and attaches or detaches easily on side of handlebar.
    Large removable and adjustable hood with window
    Large removable and adjustable hood with window (bottom part zips off for ventilation) and storage pocket.
    Child's snack/play tray that can be opened or removed completely
    New tray design.
    Spacious basket
    Spacious basket
    All-wheel suspension, swivel front wheels, new "one-touch" rear wheel brakes
    All-wheel suspension, swivel front wheels, new “one-touch” rear wheel brakes.
    4-position backrest, two position footrest
    4-position backrest, 2-position footrest.
    Strong, lightweight aluminum frame
    Strong, lightweight aluminum frame
    Removable, hand washable upholstery
    New contoured seat. Removable, hand-washable upholstery.
    JPMA safety certified
    JPMA safety certified
    Made in Italy
    Made in Italy.

Ok, clearly the table did not post - PM me and I'll email you a copy if you're interested.

Default thank you eggnova!

Even though the format of the table came through a little screwy, I was able to read cleary all of your comparisons.

Wow, it looks like the major difference is that the 2008 model is compatible to the Primo Viaggio only, no mention of the strap to attach to other infant seats (like the Safeseat I plan on buying) so that helps so much. I don't even have to look at the 2008 strollers, as my seat wouldn't fit in the new P3s.

You have sold me on finding an affordable 2007 P3 that I'm relatively confident that I'll be able to master folding up with one hand and have the handles fully extended so I don't kick the wheels.

Thanks!!!

You're welcome!! I have to admit that I find it odd they don't include the strap with the 2008 models - I wonder if it was an oversight not to print it on the PP website. Then again the 2008 description does list "A variety of other useful accessories sold separately" - maybe it's an aftermarket item now. Can anyone who has purchased a 2008 confirm whether or not a strap was included for using the stroller with other brands of seats?
    Last edited by eggnova; 05-01-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Yeah, the only reason I could think of for them changing the design to be compatible with only their own carrier is to promote the sale of the primo viaggio. Just like Graco's Snugrider really only lets the snugride and safeseat snap in.

But if anyone has a 2008 P3 that has found a way to make a safeseat work with it, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel
    I happened to notice a P3 on Amazon.com for $179 with free shipping ($369.99 list price for a 52% discount).

Peg Perego P3 Light Weight One Hand Fold Stroller in Mod Blue
    http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-Lig...=baby-products
    It's back up to $269.99 now...

Thanks for all of your helpful discussion on this!

So are there generally no retail stores that carry the Zippy for a test run? I'd be scared to buy such an expensive stroller without trying it out first.

I'm definitely looking for a 2007 model P3 stroller to save on cost, but don't need it to fit with a carseat since my DD is already 7 mo and I'm upgrading from the Graco Snugrider stroller frame. It seems really confusing to compare the "Classico MT Stroller In Revi" vs "Uno Stroller In Mod". I think it's just the P3 Umbrella stroller I want (not Aria), preferably in a "fun" color like green, orange and/or polka dots!

- holly
    DD 12/07

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have an aria and a zippy. Now that I havethe zippy, the poor Aria never gets any use. the zippy is so superior. And mine is red and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldentwig
    I'm definitely looking for a 2007 model P3 stroller to save on cost..I think it's just the P3 Umbrella stroller I want (not Aria), preferably in a "fun" color like green, orange and/or polka dots!

- holly
    here you go

http://www.albeebaby.com/reblbo.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast