chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone know of dairy-free probiotic?

I want to try probiotics for my little guy's gas. We're dairy free right now so I'm looking for a dairy free probiotic.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Anyone know of dairy-free probiotic?

We use florajen probiotics. For bf-only babies, they make a bifidoblend that I used with DS (because before they are on anything other than BM, the bifida cultures are the main populators of their intestines).
    It is dairy-free.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

Iflora baby is dairy and soy free
    & Flora baby (same as above? you can contact them
    renewlife phone: 800-830-4778
    [email protected] )

BioSet hypoallergenic Probiotic Supplement

kirman labs makes a hypoallergenic probiotic

Solaray BabyLife Probiotics are milk and soy free

Country-Life Power-Dophilus probiotics are also milk-free. Per their website (and the bottle) they are free of "Yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, milk, salt, sugar, starch, preservatives or artificial color."

Puritan's Pride has a dairy-free probiotic

and, from here, PAge two: http://wondertime.go.com/learning/ar...ic-expert.html

there's:
    "There was a study, interestingly, just published in January in Pediatrics in which they gave babies what's called "probiotics." They're the live bacteria found in yeast and other active cultures that have beneficial effects on the health of an individual when given in appropriate quantities. These researchers gave probiotics to 83 babies. Half got simethicone, which are the standard infant drops. The other half received a probiotic by the name of Lactobacillus reuteri.

The babies who received Lactobacillus reuteri showed a significant decrease in their crying scale, in their screaming, compared to the simethicone babies. This is kind of interesting because it raises the questions: What were these probiotics doing and what role do colon bacteria have in the irritable baby?"

~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD is dairy allergic and we use DDS Junior by UAS labs.

Make sure you ask the company what it's cultured on. Some say diary free but are cultured on dairy.

Some people do ok with Kirkman's Bio Gold (i think) but there may be some issues with it. I can't remember.
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

We use SolarRay Babylife for DS. It is dairy free and the bifidus strain which is what is naturally in a breastfed baby's gut. We tried one that had other strains of probiotics and it upset his tummy more.
    Lisa
    Emma 11/02
    Adam 2/07
    Their hands may be small but their feelings are just as big as ours.