Default Wierd rash/bite, call dr. or wait until tomorrow?

I noticed a strange red bump on my chest last Wednesday. I thought it was just a pimple/cyst so I left it alone. On Thursday I noticed that there were three additional bumps within an inch of the first bump. These are in the middle of my chest, btw. Yesterday I noticed three bumps in a row directly under my left arm, about an inch from my breast. I also have a rash/red mark about an inch away from that. It has some bumps and is pretty red. All of the marks are very itchy and the large mark under my arm is painful when I have my arm down and pushing on it. I am planning on calling the dr tomorrow, it has not spread more since yesterday so I do not want to go to the ER just to be told it is an allergic reaction to something, or that it is nothing. I have also had a really bad headache since Friday. The headache starts in my eyes and radiates into my forehead area.

I have not changed detergents/worn any brand new clothes in the past few days. I have been on the same medications for a few weeks, nothing has changed recently.

I am just trying to decide if I should call the dr. today or wait until tomorrow when her office opens. Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    ETA Update:
    I have shingles. My internist gave me vicodin to take for the pain and the dermatologist gave me valtrex which is an anti-viral medication to take for 7 days. I first saw my internist and then she had me go see a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

While I am not happy about this, it is luckily something that is fairly easy to treat and should not have any long term side effects. I am hoping to feel better soon! Thanks for the advice!!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/071010/DkhE.jpg[/img]http://b4.lilypie.com/iOMom7/.png[/img][/url]

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Wierd rash/bite, call dr. or wait until tomorrow?

It wouldn't hurt to call, imo. At least maybe you can get on the books for 1st thing tomorrow morning to have it looked at. It's the headache that adds to my concern. Have you tried Benadryl or something like Claritin just to see if it makes any difference? You can always try one of those walk in clinics.

Feel better!

Beth

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not to be alarming and it's probably not this...but almost 10 years ago I had Shingles & it started out that way. I hope it's not that but I wouldn't wait to see the doctor. If you try Benedryl or Claritin & it doesn't work or if the pain gets worse or you notice more...go to the doctor.
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are all the bumps/sore spots on one side of your body? Shingles rarely (never?) go across your midline, so if the spots on your chest are on the left of your breastbone, and the sore spot is by your right arm, you probably don't have shingles. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'd call the doc.

FWIW, a couple of months ago, I have a weird rash (and so did my mom) that started out as little pimples, turned into mini-blisters and hurt and itched like crazy. They were on both sides of my body (left and right), front and back, mostly in areas closely covered by clothes (breasts, waist band area, under the bra strap). I hadn't eaten anything new, no new detergent, etc. Benadryl made it better, and it cleared up in about 7-10 days on it's own. No one else here got it.

GL,
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

There is a rash like thing under my left arm, and about an inch away from that about 7-8 red dots. There are also 4 red spots of different sizes in the middle of my chest, between my breasts.

I called the dr and she said to take benadryl and call the office in the morning and say that she wants to see me so they will fit me in.

I am nervous it is shingles, because I work at a preschool and these red spots began on Wednesday. I have no idea what they are, but I am hoping it is not shingles but it is something else. A few months ago I had a strange rash that my doctor ( a different internist) thought might be ringworm, but the derm said was a granuloma, which is a rash that comes/goes without warning, and they do not know why they appear. I am hoping this is also something random.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/071010/DkhE.jpg[/img]http://b4.lilypie.com/iOMom7/.png[/img][/url]

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do the bumps/rash itch? When I had shingles years ago in college, the little bumps itched like crazy. The skin and tissue was sore, but mostly I remember the itch.

Are the 4 red spots on your chest directly in the middle or a bit to the left or right? If they're to the right, even a little, you probably don't have shingles.

Good luck and let us know what the doc says.

Sarah

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was gonna say chicken pox, but shingles is the same virus. Let us know! Good luck!
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ilana, how are you doing? I have been thinking about you all day. I hope you are getting better by now & not worse.
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just got over shingles and it started just like this. I hope you get some answers soon. And I hope you feel better!