Default eggs eggs eggs....egg recipes please!

My dad just dropped off three dozen eggs for me. YUMMY! Got any good recipes that include eggs eggs eggs?

I already have one for baked german pancake and quiche...any other suggestions...Im looking for something hearty that we can eat for dinner.

Thanks!

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: eggs eggs eggs....egg recipes please!

I've posted this recipe here before, I'm sure some people are sick of seeing it, but it's my favorite. I usually make it for brunch, but my DH loves it for lunch and dinner as well. I have a friend whose DH puts it in a tortilla with the works (salsa, more cheese, sour cream, etc.) that might make it a bit heartier for dinner.

Eggs and Chiles

6 eggs
    1 cup milk
    1/2 t. salt
    4 oz. diced green chilies
    1 stick margarine
    1 1/2 t. sugar
    1 pint cottage cheese
    1 lb. jack cheese - shredded (sometime I use cheddar or even mozz.)
    3 oz. cream cheese (cut into small chunks)
    1/2 c. flour
    1 t. baking powder.

Beat eggs in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix everything EXCEPT margarine. Add mixture to the eggs. Beat. Melt margarine, pour into mixture, and stir.

Bake in 9 x 13 pan uncovered at 375 for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa, if desired.

~Linda~
    DS 11/9/04

I make a quiche of some sort every week, it's a great lunch food for everyone to pack :) I sneak in some sort of veggie sometimes too (like spinach), but if not, it has calcium and protein and fat and carbs all together :)

I buy the two-pack pie crusts at WHole Foods, if you really want it to be healthy you can choose the whole wheat crus, but I just get the white ones.

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Angel food cake--it can take up to a dozen egg whites to make one! Any basic cookbook should have one, and I'm sure there's tons on Epicurious.

Have fun! Worst case scenario, I would boil the ones I couldn't use quickly!

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew, who is two and a HALF!

I love hardboiling them, remving the yolks and replacing with hummus. You can do the same with guacamole. I often do this for breakfast or lunch.

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009