Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Is it time for a CHRISTMAS CANDY - RECIPES thread?? (I remembered, Marcy O.!!)

I remember Marcy O. mentioning that she has her Aunt's
    fabulous candy recipes. So, I wrote it down in my calendar
    to remind myself to start a Christmas candy-recipe thread. :)
    (I didn't want to forget!)

So, everyone dust off your Christmas Candy recipes
    and let's start posting!!! Can't wait to start making
    all these recipes!!

Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Default RE: Is it time for a CHRISTMAS CANDY - RECIPES thread?? (I remembered, Marcy O.!!)

I have a good carmel recipe that I can dig out if wanted....and one for stained glass candy that is YUMMY but a lot of work. Here is one in the mean time :)

Pepermint bark:

1 pkg white chocolate/vanilla flavored chocolate ( I dont remember the brand but its sold in the baking aisle at the grocery store and come in squares in a little tray you can microwave it in..browinsh pkg maybe? it also comes in regular chocolate too)

1 box of candy canes or pepermint candies

few drops of pepermint oil (optional)

Directions:

first break up the candy canes (in the blender works well or freeze and beat to death with a hammer.) you want them broken up well but not turned to powder...a little chunk is good.

melt the chocolate/vanilla (I do it in the microwave about 30 secs at a time, stir and then cook more...dont over cook it it will start to harden)....pour in the crushed candy, stir (you can also add a few drops of pepermint oil if you want it REALLY pepperminty)
    and then pour onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. You dont want it too thick, but not too thin either. Also depends upon your preferences, both ways work well!

let cool (I sometimes sit it outside) and then break into peices. YUMMY!

It tastes just as good as the stuff fannie may sells if not better!

You can also use this recipe to make chocolate pretzel bark too....I dont remember who sells it but someone makes little chocolate covered pretzel chunks that are basically broken up pretzels in melted chocolate that they just make into balls or chunks...as if one big peice was just broken up...go figure!

Also, the same recipe can be use to make almond bark...just add sliced almonds and maybe a little almond oil. or whole almonds broken up. :)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default You're killing me, Smalls!! Where are the recipes??

What am I supposed to make for candy this year??

I guess I could pass out miniature Reese's peanut
    butter cups! :)
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Default RE: You're killing me, Smalls!! Where are the recipes??

Yeah no kidding...we need some more candy goodies!

Default Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers (for lack of a better name!)

This is sounds a little odd, but it's super easy, and so yummy!!! I don't even know what they are really called.

Spread peanut butter on Ritz or Townhouse crackers (I use the snowflake shaped ones for Christmas) and place another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Dip in melted chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

Default Cherry mash bars

These cherry mash bars are a favorite of my family and coworkers. The recipe is no secret... it's from the back of the Gurley's cherry chip package... but here it is just in case your local grocery store stocks a different brand of cherry chips.

Cherry Mash Bars

2 cups sugar
    2/3 cup milk
    1/2 cup butter
    12 marshmallows (not the mini marshmallows)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup cherry chips
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    12 ounces chopped peanuts (I usually use less)
    2 cups milk chocolate chips
    3/4 cup peanut butter

In a 2 quart saucepan, boil the sugar, milk, butter, marshmallows, and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cherry chips, vanilla, and half of the peanuts. (I don't add the peanuts to the cherry layer... just a personal preference.) Spread in a 9X13 pan lined with waxed paper. Set aside.

Over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Add the remaining chopped peanuts. Pour over the cherry layer. Allow to set. (I usually have to refrigerate it at least overnight before it's firm.) Cut into 1 inch squares.

Enjoy!

Jodi

Default RE: Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers (for lack of a better name!)

These really are very good... sweet and salty all at once... what could be better?

I DO realize we're past the Halloween season, but I think this idea is just too cute not to share...

One of my former coworkers used to make 'ghosts' that were very similar to these treats. She would dip 3/4 of a Nutter Butter bar in almond bark and then add two mini chocolate chip eyes. Easy and SO good!

Jodi

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Is it time for a CHRISTMAS CANDY - RECIPES thread?? (I remembered, Marcy O.!!)

It's not necessarily a "Christmas" candy but I always make this at the holidays and everyone loves it! Super easy!

Cracker Candy
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Line a 10x15 inch cookie sheet with foil.
    Cover foil with rows of saltines(I like Premium brand best).
    Boil 1c. brown sugar and 1c. butter(no margarine!!!) for 3 min. (don't let it burn!)
    Pour mixture over saltines and spread.
    Bake 5 min.
    Sprinkle with 12 oz. bag semi-sweet choc. chips and spread over top as they melt.
    Refrigerate until hardened and break into pieces.

Tastes like heath bar or skor candy.
    YUM!
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh these are good...one of the kids I treated made these for me one year and I seriously ate almost the entire tin before I got home ;) Dangerous stuff...beware ;)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

I just tried these recently because one of my co-workers made some. Her's had graham crackers instead of saltines. Very good but it was really, really sweet with graham crackers, so I think saltines might actually be better.

Linda

http://b2.lilypie.com/xz6em5/.png[/img][/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast