Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default RE: Can't sleep. Worried about DS's blood test tomorrow (today)....

Big hugs and lots of prayers for you and AJ today! Keep us posted.

starrynight Guest

I read somewhere that the body "hides" iron when you are sick to keep the virus from thriving on it or something like that. I hope he is fine and that it is just from being sick, he is low but not dangerously so the virus therory makes sense. I hope he is fine!! hugs and good thoughts sent your way!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh, Teva, just read about it now. I hope the tests came out okay today. Please keep us posted. Hugs and prayers to you both!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo..._garnet_6m.gif Breastfed 6 months and counting

Goodness, Teva, how scary! I hope everything turns out okay with your little one. Thinking of you at this tough time!
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

tippy Guest

Default Update on AJ (kind of) ((((long)))))

First off, I just wanted to say that I am once again blown away by this community. Thank you all so much for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes. It means more than you can know.

I wish I had something definitive to post but unfortunately I won't until Thursday or Friday. When we went back to the docs today they did another toe prick. Dr said his hemo count was up but still below normal so she wanted to do a venapuncture ;( . My poor little man had a rough time with it. I had to hold him down and it took everything I had inside not to cry right along with him. I sang to him and he calmed down a little bit but it was really harrowing. I couldn't help but think of Jen and Samuel and for the life of me I don't know how they have been able to get through all they have. I mean one blood test was an ordeal YKWIM. The one good thing is that the Dr. was the one who stuck him and she did a great job. She couldn't find a good vein in his arm so they used the back of his hand instead. She got it on the first try. I was relieved about that.

I questioned why she was doing the additional testing since his counts were up some and she said it takes 6 weeks before they can see definitive test results on iron from using supplements. She indicated it was more of a precaution. I asked what she was testing for (she wasn't saying) and she said 3 things. 1)Epstein Barr Virus (apparently it can affect hemo levels), 2)another blood count and 3)to see whether or not his body was producing red blood cells "normally". I also asked what the size of the cells being smaller than they should indicated and she said iron deficiency. AJ hasn't had a fever since last Friday morning and his appetite is back. He appears to be back to his old self. I am hoping he just has a case of anemia and that it can be treated with diet and supplements. I will post as soon as I know the final results. Sorry it took so long to update you all but I can't turn my computer on when ds is up or he shuts off the modem! I guess he can’t resist a green light AND a button to push.

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Update on AJ (kind of) ((((long)))))

How stressful for you - hugs to you and AJ. And feel free to cry right along with him - I cried with Ainsleigh a couple times (and then so did the nurse!), and it helped alleviate some of the stress - when you can't do anything else - cry!

Best wishes for good news at the end of the week.

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just saw the post and your update. I hope that things turn out well and that this is just iron deficiency anemia and nothing else serious.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

teva, I'm just now getting a chance to read this. {{hugs}}. Sorry that you both had a bit of a rough day :( and that you had worries this weekend. I hope the little guy is on the mend and that the only concern is that he needs to take some iron supplements. Keep us updated.
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

tippy Guest

Thanks! I really almost did but then I thought...this isn't going to help him feel any better. I figured he would just get more upset if I was upset kwim? He used to be ok at the doctors but recently he cries as soon as one of them walks into the examining room. Forget about if they have to look into his ears, throat, nose, listen to his heart.....! But for the stuff that really HURTS, I am supposed to protect him not hold him down!

tippy Guest

Default RE: Thinking of you...

Mine is Anthony Joseph (the 3rd!). I love Alexander. I actually wanted to name AJ Christopher (our last name is Ingrassia) but my husband was hell bent on a third.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast