Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mamahill Guest

Default RE: Thought I should update folks on this...if interested...

Ooh, I'm so sorry for your loss (the citrus, that is). I was an orange FIEND. I bought one of those big crates of oranges from Costco and would go through it in about a week. Nothing made me happier than to peel apart three of them and sit down to a big platter at lunch.

The week before I had Ainsleigh I hate 3 pineapples in 3 days, partly because I wanted to. Partly because I read somewhere that the acid in fresh pineapple can help bring on labor... ;)

About 2 weeks post-partum, Joel offered to peel me an orange (from a leftover crate) and I just about gagged. I couldn't stand the thought. He said, "Oh I'm so glad. I was really getting sick of eating oranges." (it was the only fruit I was buying) Now I'm back to a happy medium (I only ate 1 today!).

Hope you don't mourn too much :7

mama2be Guest

funny you were the same way...I am mourning. That's what I did ,the crates,and before that I was on a pineapple a day...

I really really think that the acid made the itching...keep in mind it was large quantities. I have only gained 13 lbs as of yesterday so I also figured it has helped there, though I have never been accused of watching what I eat (I love food)...so it isn't because of worrying about my intake or figure...

I'm going to wait alittle bit before I try any and make sure...

It actually might not have been the acid. If you're taking prenatal vitamins and eating all that citrus, you may be overdosing on vitamin C! I didn't even think of it before, but I have a friend who would just chew on Vitamin C tablets like candy. She developed this terrible, itchy rash, and finally her dermatologist caught her munching on the Vit C tabs and told her to stop. The rash went away in a week or two. I had gone through this period where I was drinking orange juice like water, so maybe that was my problem too! It's just amazing that something that is supposed to be so good for you can cause problems. I'm certainly no expert, but you might want to think about how much vitamin C you're getting in a day. It may just be your culprit!

JMarie
    EDD 2/23/03
    Aidan Christopher
    Jennifer
    Momma to Aidan 01/03
    New addition coming 10/08

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is too funny!

For me it was lemon in every beverage, cantaloupes and grapes. I remember being late for a meeting with our new CEO because I thought I would die if I didn't stop by the store and get some grapes first!

I'm so glad your itching stopped! Being pregnant is tough enough without all the scratching.

Jeanne

mama2be Guest

Actually I assumed it was Vit C or the acid when I narrowed it down to those...still think they were the culprit because itch free on my third day now...

Your story actually makes me convinced that it is that though...I miss my oranges and grapefruit but very relieved that it appears that is all it was :)...

mama2be Guest

I like the lemon too :)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3