Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    1st Time Mommy Guest

Default Best Diaper Rash Cream/Ointment

Balmex, A&D, Desitin, (Which one, and cream or ointment?)

Calmegja Guest

Default RE: Best Diaper Rash Cream/Ointment

Can I say none of the above? ;-)

I don't like Desitin, because even the creamy style is near impossible to get off, and has fish oil in it. Balmex is okay, but never works fast enough to help. A/D is okay, but not really thick enough to help much.

I really far prefer Aveeno, Aquaphor, or California Baby. All are easy to use, wipe up easily, work terrifically, and have non -irritating scents....

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You might do a search on diaper rash. There have been several posts about this. My favorite by far is Weleda Calendula Cream, which also works really well as a barrier cream. Breastmilk is also good for diaper rash, unless it's a yeast rash.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02
    Rachel

Mama to Abby (5) and Ethan (2)

When you know better, you do better.
    -Maya Angelou

sweetbasil Guest

We live by Dr. Smith's diaper ointment...you can get it at most any store, but it's usually kept behind the pharmacy counter b/c it's easily pocketable and shoplifted, and for $7.98/jar (which lasts FOREVER), they want to keep a close eye on it!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Another Aquaphor user here as well. It works as well as Desitin with none of the icky smell or mess.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Aquaphor or Walgreen's generic desitin (like desitin but unscented).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

parkersmama Guest

We used Desitin with our first child and it worked fine but I never particularly liked it. With our second son, the only thing that has ever worked is A&D. The smell isn't great but it works very well and he is very sensitive with lots of diaper rash. I'm planning to make the switch to Aquaphor and Burt's Bees with this new baby, though.

Denise
    mom to:
    Parker, 9/1/1997
    Wesley, 3/9/2000
    and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

1st Time Mommy Guest

Where can I find the aquaphor, Burt's Bees, and Aveeno?

nohomama Guest

Aquphor and Aveeno can be found at most pharmacies and grocery stores (at least in my area). Burt's Bees can be found in natural food grocery stores like Whole Foods, Wild Oats, or your local co-operative market.

Also, I second Rachel's suggestion of Weleda Calendula Cream. If Lola get's a hint of diaper rash (which, thankfully, she rarely does) we use Weleda Diaper Care.

HTH,

atlbaby Guest

Well, I seem to be in the minority, but I like Desitin (creamy)! But it certainly is a personal preferrence, because we can't even come to an agreement in our house amoungst the two of us. DH loves A&D ointment, and so we have that out too for him to use. But I can't stand the smell of A&D, especially since he uses so much! :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    #2:) EDD 10/24/03

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast