Default In missouri experiencing snowaggedon, anyone else?

The older childrens public school closed last night at about 8:30ish. Dh is on his way home, they've already had to close at least one major highway out west due to an accident and it's only noon. It's supposed to keep snowing/sleeting/freezing rain until at least midnight. Oh, lucky us.

Good thing I stocked the fridge like a crazy person yesterday. 5 stores in one day-poor dd2 was so done by the end of it, but we're ready to stay home for a couple of days with no problems.

Anyone else?
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

Stay warm and safe. I'm in Iowa and its coming here in about 2 hours. DD gets off school 2 hours early today (so in 1 hour), and I have a full fridge. She had tomorrow off for a teacher in-service day, so at least I already know she will be home tomorrow. We are only supposed to get 8ish inches, but we've got another storm coming on Monday. I'm prepared in case we lose power (we lost it in December for 10 hours, which made a snow day decidedly not fun.) Make sure all of your devices are charged in case you lose power.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We are in Kansas. Thankfully the whole family is home safe and we are well stocked on everything except dishwasher detergent. At the rate it is still falling, I think it is going to be quite awhile before the plows make it to the neighborhood streets. I think we will be home tomorrow too.

I foolishly went into work and they closed the office at 10:15...the highways were already bad at that point. My nerves were shot by the time I got home! Now my husband is debating going to work as he works 4 to mid nights but it takes him about 45 minutes to get to work on a good day and the sleet is coming down good here now so I vote no. Everyone stay safe!

Stay warm!

I'm curious how much of it makes it to us in Western New England (hopefully all rain?!).

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

yes...hospitals here are on lock down, no one in and no one out. thankfully dh is off today and I didn't go in. it had just started to snow this am when I was getting ready to leave, so felt a bit silly calling in but dh was right...it would have been nearly impossible to get home.

we have about a foot of snow so far...and they are saying another 4 inches by 6:30.

hope everyone stays warm and safe!

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Last night it snowed here is sunny Phoenix, Arizona.

Here are some pictures...

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/loc...tml?mode=image

We were all quite shocked...
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wish it was snow! We got some but it's mostly ice. I hate ice.

We did have an awesome Snowmageddon two years ago. This is not even close to that!

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here in central Illinois it's been snowing for 2 hours. It's really coming down. I have a long driveway (on 3 acres), and I put the car at the end of it, so we could get out tomorrow. Went to the grocery store to stock up, and the drive from there to pick up DS was pretty hairy.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.