BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Gluten Free question

Ok, I'm looking for a thank you gift for a friend who I know follows a GF diet. I'm not familiar AT ALL with GF items, but my first thought was some sort of GF sweet... the two best bakeries around here are VERY limited in the GF choices, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of an online source for delicious GF sweets. I've marked a few Etsy items as "favorites" as a last resort......

Thanks!

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If she likes chocolate, there are some really yummy gourmet gf chocolate bars.

Sent from my Android phone using Swift Key Flow
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

I've never had things shipped from here (they're local to me) but we've gotten many, many things from here (my mom can't have gluten or soy) and they are all very yummy.

The crumb cake (plain or blueberry) is TO DIE FOR. And my mom really likes the peanut butter cookies. Most of the rest of the things in their etsy shop are not things we've tried, we mainly hit them up for birthday cupcakes and the like.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have had stuffed shipped from Katz Gluten Free Bakery and they regularly have specials or codes. The stuff I've had from them has been good.

http://www.katzglutenfree.com/

TJ's has a flourless chocolate torte and I know Babycakes in NYC ships (but super expensive). Mariposa http://www.mariposabaking.com/ also ships but I have only had their stuff fresh and not shipped. Between Katz & Mariposa I prefer Mariposa.

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    I've never had things shipped from here (they're local to me) but we've gotten many, many things from here (my mom can't have gluten or soy) and they are all very yummy.

The crumb cake (plain or blueberry) is TO DIE FOR. And my mom really likes the peanut butter cookies. Most of the rest of the things in their etsy shop are not things we've tried, we mainly hit them up for birthday cupcakes and the like.

Sarah
    What store is this?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyH View Post
    What store is this?
    Good lord, sorry! Seriously, this pregnancy is EATING MY BRAIN.

Ellie's Gluten Free Bakery

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was just going to post a link to Ellie's. They have a great B&M store in Rochester NY. Amazing stuff. So glad they have an etsy store now.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.