Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

me: varies. I work PT as a contractor.

DH: active duty military. 30 days vacation (weekends count if we leave town), No sick days: goes on "sick call" as approved by the military treatment facility. No paternity...he was back to work the day after I delivered if I remember.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I get 20 vacation days with 20 days that I am carrying annually.
    15 sick days and I usually carry some from that as well.
    3 personal days and 11 state holidays.

DH gets 15 vacation days, 10 sick days and 2 personal days, but he never wants to take any time off. It is such a struggle.

My DH owns and operates his own biz. They are closed for 4 holidays per year. He is able to take an occasional sick day only when very necessary (he works when sick most of the time). His only real time off is in the summer. He will take an occasional Sunday and Monday off to meet us at my parents' beach house and will take a few days off around the 4th of July if he can pull it off. Working for himself has many benefits, but time off is HARD! His place has only been open for a year, but I hope and pray this gets a little better! He won't take a week off unless we plan a big vacation in the next year. This will only happen if his brother will step in and manage for him.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH only get 5 holidays per year. I think he gets 3 weeks vacation but there is no way to take more than a couple days at a time due to his workload.

I get 9 holidays per year, 4 personal days per year, 12 vacation days per year and 12 sick days per year. But I work a 9/80 schedule where I work 9 hours per day Monday thru Thursday then 8 hours one Friday and alternating Fridays off. But the holidays, personal days etc are based on 8 hour days so I use them up more quickly since my days are 9 hours instead of 8. I think I'ge got a pretty good benefits package.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I get 15 paid holidays, 12 sick days and 18 vacation days each year. I have been at my current company for almost 7 years. DH doesn't get as many holidays but I think he gets 12 sick days as well. He gets 4 weeks vacation each year.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

I got 10 paid holidays (9 designated and 1 floating), and 240 hours of Paid Time Off (sick and vacation). But my boss is incredibly flexible with my schedule so I only take PTO if I am out for the majority of the day. If I leave a couple of hours early to take one of the girls to an appointment or similar, I just do a couple of hours of work at home to make up for it at my convenience. It works well.

ETA: DH gets all federal holidays off, 3 weeks of vacation and some amount of sick time. But he has been working for his current employer for 3 years and has accumulated so much sick time it is almost infinite.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just looked on my company PTO tracker and this year (my 12th year) I get:

38 days PTO (includes 7 holidays)

6 Sick days (can be rolled over year to year)
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Now I am a SAHM, but as a teacher I got 2 personal days (I could NOT tack them onto another holiday to make a longer weekend) and 10 sick days, which accumulated.

DH gets 3 weeks paid vacation 12 sick days and he can buy an extra 5 days to make it 4 weeks vacation. He also gets bank holidays off.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

9 Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
    4 weeks vacation
    Sick time is not counted

DH is basically the same
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

21 paid vacation days, all federal holidays and the week b/w Christmas and New Year for me.

DH gets 21 paid vacation days and federal holidays.

for Sandy Hook

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast