Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

DH:
    0 sick days
    3 weeks paid vacation (must not be taken all at the same time)
    statutory holidays...I googled, there are 9

Me:
    5 sick days
    7 weeks paid vacation (during school holidays)
    the same statutory holidays, although some of those fall during my vacation times.
    I also have the option of working extra time during vacation periods on special projects and either taking those hours in pay, or banking them as sick days.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Usually, you can bank sick days to make up the 90-180 days before disability kicks in. I used my sick days bank for maternity leave.
    I wish I could! no carry over at all on sick days. but with kids, i've used quite a bit of mine. i use them too for all the routine dr and dentist appts.

We are self employed. We work every day 24/7 between March and December. We close our business in Jan and Feb.
    However, I am also self employed in another position and I work every Monday and Tuesday.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

At my last job for 8 years with a locked psychiatric hospital as a social worker, I used to get 10 federal holidays, 3 personal days, 15 sick days and 2 weeks of vacation time. However, after 5 years on the job, vacation time increased to 20 vacation days and 5 personal days.

DH gets 5 weeks of vacation time, 15 sick days accrued every year and can be carried over, 10 federal holidays and 3 floating days that employees can pick, 5 personal days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH has 9 weeks vacation 9 holidays and 12 sick days. He also works a four day week.

I work PT and have 12 holidays 12 sick days and 3 weeks vacation. I work a flexible schedule and set my own hours.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH gets all of the major holidays, and they include Black Friday, Christmas Eve, and NYE/NYD. They also get two floaters and one non-scheduled day.

His vacation time is 4 weeks, but I forget the number of hours. He works 12-hour shifts. No sick days.

I get zero sick days and zero vacation days. The only floaters are in the toilet.

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Dang, I thought DH had it decent, but nothing compared to some of these. What he has now is MUCH improved over what he moved from two years ago. The old job on paper official leave plus the unofficial hours expected made it insane.

Per year -
    8 holidays per year - only Thanksgiving and not 12/24 which is a pain
    3 sick days - use or lose
    16 vacation days - can keep a bank of 5 days

Old job was universal PTO of 12 days per year plus 10 holidays. Just felt like a lot less even though it isn't.

DH gets 3 weeks vacation (will not increase over time).
    5 personal days, to also be used as sick days.
    9 holidays, plus there are 3 days where the NYSE closes early; on those days he can take the whole day off at the cost of half a personal day, if he chooses.
    DD 10/09
    DS 2/13

DH gets 2 weeks vacation time, and they are allowed as much sick time as needed (as long as not abused, of course). He also gets Spring Break week and the week between Christmas and New Years as paid vacation weeks, and does not have office hours those two weeks, but does have some work to go in for. After being self employed with zero paid time off, we are very thankful!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I get 8 holidays, 20 days vacation/sick. Not sure what DH gets but it's about the same. I honestly find it hard to take that much time off in a year unless I go on leave.

It's becoming more common for companies to combine vacation and sick into one PTO bank.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast