Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by lcarlson90 View Post
    Can you open the Udo's choice Children's capsules and mix them into food? Do either of the Udo's choice or Jarrow flavor yogurt and applesauce when mixing them in?
    I have added babyb formula Jarrow to DD's yogurt and applesauce and she never once complained so I don't think there is much of any flavor to it.
    DD '06
    DD '14

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use the ones daisymommy linked to (I love love love Vitacost). DH likes a similar one from Solaray (also purchased from Vitacost), so that's what he uses. For the kids, we have a powder that we mix into juice. It's Nature's Way brand. We needed it ASAP when DS2 was on antibiotics, so we just bought what was available at our local Vitamin Shoppe store.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Can you open the Udo's choice Children's capsules and mix them into food? Do either of the Udo's choice or Jarrow flavor yogurt and applesauce when mixing them in?
    Yesterday DD threw up in the morning yesterday, 4x all within like 5-10 mins. After her stomach had a chance to settle, I gave her several doses yesterday of probiotics sprinkled over plain greek yogurt (I took one spoonful of yogurt and then sprinkled the probiotics while it was right on the spoon). No complaints. It really doesn't have much flavor, just a powdery texture.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've always opened up the capsules and sprinkled the powder onto a spoonful of yogurt, applesauce or ice cream. The kids don't seem to mind the taste at all, but they do ask me to just put it on one spoonful rather than mix it into a whole serving of applesauce/yogurt/ice cream. At Brittone said, that's apparently b/c of the powder texture more than anything.

We use Jarrow and Udo's Choice. I used to buy from WF's refrigerated section but this winter I ordered online at Vitacost and just popped them into the fridge when they arrived. Not sure if that ends up affecting the counts at all, but figured the frigid weather in our area helped.

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use jarrow original especially since I noticed the FOS version has inulin and I've not investigated.that fully.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

we use this and love it: http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Pr...8649874&sr=8-6

get it in the fridge section @ Whole Foods. also have it in orange flavor

The Vitacost ones say on the bottle to keep refrigerated for best potency. I was told they are kept in cold storage there, then shipped (takes a couple of days)--and not much is lost in that short amount of time. Then just stick it in your fridge when it arrives.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

I just remembered--Jarrow has an interactive test to help you figure out which strains would be best for you. It will even work for children's ages (just tried it for age 1).
    http://www.jarrowprobiotics.com/
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2