calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default speaking of crazy kid parties...

you guys must of seen/heard of this?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=83626

That mother is BEYOND help!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I couldn't get the volume to work on the videos but watched part of them. Oh my! I wonder though if the TLC show put any money into the party though. Ugh. Now I am going to get off this site and go call the jump house place and decide if I want to have DD1's 5th birthday there for a tune of about $250 to $300 (max) and entertain 15 to 20 kids or do something smaller like a tea party for just the girls at our house and spend less. Hmmm, the dilemma of being poor in a high COL area. Thanks for sharing!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I have this show waiting on my DVR. The only reason I have to see it is that I before I was a SAHM I was a party planner, and we planned a couple of kids parties that were way over the top. There is no way I'd ever go to these extremes, but I think the show will be hysterical to watch.

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I couldn't get the volume to work on the videos but watched part of them. Oh my! I wonder though if the TLC show put any money into the party though. Ugh. Now I am going to get off this site and go call the jump house place and decide if I want to have DD1's 5th birthday there for a tune of about $250 to $300 (max) and entertain 15 to 20 kids or do something smaller like a tea party for just the girls at our house and spend less. Hmmm, the dilemma of being poor in a high COL area. Thanks for sharing!
    No comment on the original post, but just wanted to say we had DS's 5th birthday at a jump house and it was a huge hit - several kids who came to the party later had *their* birthday at the jump house. It was fabulous.
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

that party seemed weird to me... not nearly as cute or special as the other parties that we've seen on this board (fairy, owl)

it doesn't really seem like people were having very much fun -- ? i don't know...seemed like it was more for the mom. that mom gave me a super weird vibe. icky.

that said- to each their own...if you have the money. i sure hope that little girl gets to go to a nice college? *sigh*

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Spending $32,000 on the kid's party and having her have a meltdown because the "bird on top of the cake was supposed to be blue, not purple".... Priceless. And the mom justifying if by saying she's a "perfectionist"....uhm, no, you're just turning her into a spoiled brat for whom nothing will ever be enough.

Poor kid, she's going to face a lot of frustration in life.

I wonder what the budget is for next year's party? Or her wedding? I'd hate to be in the dad's shoes. BWAHAHAHAHA.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

On Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, one of the housewives spent $60,000 on her daughter's 4th birthday party. Crazy. And the girl didn't seem to enjoy it much. Here's a short clip from the show:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hous...birthday-party

I agree with one of the other housewives' comments--whatever happened to pin the tail on the donkey?!