Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default OMG the ambulance just took my DD to the ER! Update PP&T Worked she is HOME!

Update #3 She is Home (YEAH)...it was a late night but she got to end up in her own bed...she "just" had a mild concussion and after they released her the first time and she felt dizzy and sick to her stomach they decided to keep her longer to make sure that eveything was okay. In th end they decided she probably stood up too fast and that is what made her dizzy....plus it was getting late and she was tired so it was getting hard to keep her up and even though admitting her was an option they decided she would be just fine at home under our observation. When she got home she was too wired and scared to sleep because of all the adult talk in the hospital about concussions and the list of things they gave DH to look for...so we talked it out a bit and decided I would sleep with her (if she promised not to kick me wink!) and that I would wake her up during the night just to make sure she was okay. So even though I didn't sleep much last night I am just so grateful that she is home and that everything turned out okay because her symptoms had us really scared!

BTW the reunion between brother and sister was awesome and you could tell seeing her helped DS1 a lot!

Thank you for the MOJO/PP&T! They worked

Update #2 So I was so relieved when my DH called to say it was in fact a mild concussion and that the Doctor was releasing her but literally 5 mins later when I am in the car heading to pick them up and he calls to say that when she got up she was dizzy again and sick to her stomach and so the Doctor is coming back to check on her...so now I am waiting for another phone call! I know that if they keep her overnight it is just for observation but I really am hoping she comes home tonight...I want her here in my arms! It is a bit frustrting to not be there with her but I know she is in great hands with DH and all the BBBs PP&T/MOJO behind her has got to be working!

I want to call my Mom but then I know I will just worry her and there is nothing she can do....this is why I posted here to have a way to get it out of my system a little!

As for DS1...we did talk and I did do my best to reassure him that it wasn't his fault and just an accident but he feels responsibe because of how they were playing and he thinks he let her go when she was leading to far back andthat is why she hit the back of her head and he feels bad because he laughed when she started to cry...well it is nice to know that he still has his sensitive side since he always acting so mature all the time! He is even more worried now that we were going to get her and now she has to stay longer...I am sure once she is home he will feel whole lot better!

Ohhh I hope that phone call comes soon!

She was playing with DS1 horseplaying after dinner and somehow fell backwards and hit her head hard! And then 20 mins later later because she still was complaining DH was going to take her to the ER just to be sure and on the way to the car she couldn't walk anymore and had to lay down was nausea and complaining of her head pressure and shaking like a leaf! She told the ambulance people the back of her eyes hurted a lot....not sure what that means!

I wanted to go but DS2 was so scared...I finally calmed him down and in bed and DS1 feels so guilty ...It is so scary!

Please send major MOJO our way!
    Last edited by plusbellelavie; 01-08-2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: update

prayers and positive vibes. hugs
    Shannon

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my god. I hope she's ok. How scary!

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thinking positive thoughts! Hope everything turns out okay.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope she's okay. And you find out quickly.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry!! I hope she's ok. P&PT coming your way.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

So, so sorry to hear this - loads and loads of positive thoughts for your DD and your family. I hope she will be alright.
    Proud mama to:
    DD 2006
    DS1 2008
    DS2 2010

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

P & PT your way...poor kids...

Oh how scary! i hope everything is better soon-- bigbighugs!

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

P&PT for you! I hope she's okay!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast