Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I admit that I am in a party pooper mood right now, but that seems so over the top to me! Maybe it has something to do with my own insecurities about being a sucky party host but that seems kinda crazy to me.

To answer the OP's question, no I can't imagine, I'd pretty much hate it. I'm just not a pink fairy person. It was way over the top for me. But it seems like the birthday girl liked it, so good for her! (I'm not familiar with the blog, and honestly didn't even read the text, I was so overwhelmed by the photos).
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

kbud is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

While I think it was beautiful I also feel it was way over the top. She's not even going to remember it since she's just turning 3. I wonder what she'll expect when she is turning 10, then 13, 16, 18, etc.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kbud View Post
    I wonder what she'll expect when she is turning 10, then 13, 16, 18, etc.
    I have to admit this did cross my mind briefly.

I don't have a daughter and will never have one but I have a niece and she would be in awe of something like this. The mom and her friends made all the decorations and crafts themselves. I can't believe a 3rd birthday party would be so controversial.
    Last edited by jgenie; 05-21-2010 at 07:27 PM.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm just cracking up at some of the responses now. Because I DID feel the same way, even though I think a "fairy party" in concept is great. But I am torn because I read this woman's birth story for Nella Cordelia and I just wept. It's so hard for me to reconcile the two stories as coming from the same mother. But my gut reaction when first seeing pics of the party was, "this is not a party I would ever be invited to." And maybe I'm feeling just a little bit of of sting from that realization.

That said, I would never host a party like that either. I'm too damned lazy for one And I know my kids wouldn't have more fun because of all that effort. That said, the blogger states she is an uber party planner. So even if it was all for her own fun, why should I throw tomatoes, kwim?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've read this blog and I understand the mother is very into her kids but the party isn't my style. The kids seemed to enjoy it, though.

EllasMum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    It seems to be all in the details here. A little wooden house and some paint..glitter and a glass bottle..home made tutus....little cards, tags and signs made on the computer...these things are not really that expensive.
    I think it's awesome.
    I agree. All the crafts and party favors look like they could be dollar store purchases, or even handmade. I think it is a lovely party and I know that my DD would have been over the moon to attend a party like that!
    ~~~
    Susan
    DD 08-2005
    Impatiently awaiting adoption match!
    Cure FOP - www.ifopa.org
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I admit that I am in a party pooper mood right now, but that seems so over the top to me! Maybe it has something to do with my own insecurities about being a sucky party host but that seems kinda crazy to me. My own wedding was not this planned out.
    Yep, not to be a Debbie Downer, but OMG! She is 3!!!! I think it is over the top.

mamicka is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No. I cannot imagine. Different strokes .

ETA: Am I the only one who see's the little girl's name & it reads Zainey with a "Z" instead of an "L"?
    Last edited by mamicka; 05-21-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    In the event that the mother did this party herself (and didn't hire a planner) I think saying that is just like criticizing an artist who paints beautifully or an athlete who runs really really fast. She has a gift and she is merely celebrating her daughters birth in a way that she is passionate about.. It seems to be all in the details here. A little wooden house and some paint..glitter and a glass bottle..home made tutus....little cards, tags and signs made on the computer...these things are not really that expensive.
    I think it's awesome.
    I think all those things are lovely. I am a little befuddled by the giant photo of the birthday girl on the treat table, however. That said, everyone looks like they had a wonderful time, and that is what it is all about.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

I read the blog about Nelly and it made me cry.

As for the party, way over the top for me and I would have been very uncomfortable there. I'm just not into fancy stuff and fancy events (nor do I have an appreciation for them). Plus, I'm not into the details when I'm planning parties (or when I planned my wedding for that matter).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast