Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    DH has our BJCED in the trunk of his accord.
    The Accord has the LARGEST trunk for a mid size sedan I have ever seen. I had a 96 Accord coupe and I could've definitely fit a double BJ stroller (because they fold soo flat), baby bag, and some other random stuff in that trunk! I believe that you could carry out a mob hit and place a body, as well a double stroller in the newer 08 and current Accords!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by a2mom View Post
    Anyone have experience with the Maclaren or Inglesina double strollers? Thanks!
    I have a Mac Twin Traveller - it's about 5 years old, I think. I'm not sure what the new name is for it, but it's the one with the bigger wheels. I love it for using indoors or on short walks on a paved outdoor surface. Personally I like the umbrella fold over the fold of the BJCM. I have the BJCSD so I am familiar with the BJ style fold.

I would never use it in the snow or on a bumpy surface. It is really not designed for that. Indoors, it pushes really well. I can push it one handed. In fact many times I have pushed it one handed while carryiing one of the twins. It is not as easy to push one-handed as the BJ.

One other issue with the stroller is that it has a third wheel in the middle of the stroller. DH is 6'2" and he has to adjust his stride a bit to not kick the wheel. He complained a bit at first but doesn't seem to mind anymore. I am 5'2" and don't have any problems with kicking the wheel.

My sister had the Inglesina and was not happy with it. Hers fell apart after a two years and she thinks it was not as well made as the Macs.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

PRmommy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmoma View Post
    get the elite- much better than the mini double for sure!
    I don't know.....if I were looking for a mall stroller, something that I'd keep in the car and use for "quick" trips, then I'd much prefer a Mini over an Elite.

If you're looking at Maclaren's and Inglesina's then the Mini would be much more comparable and in the same price range actually cheaper than the Maclaren.
    Last edited by PRmommy; 01-06-2010 at 04:14 PM.

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yes, indoors the mini is better- outside the elite is about a million times better imo

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Amazon has the BJCMD for $278 in the stone color.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PU93E2/

(No endorsement, I don't own it or any double, yet!)

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

woooo cheap!!

Any ideas why the stone one is marked down so much?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MacMacMoo View Post
    Any ideas why the stone one is marked down so much?
    I figure it's just one of those amazon things - probably doesn't sell as well as other colors.

I posted this on the bargains section as well. If you call diapers.com, they have the same Mini Double and will price match. If you are a first time customer, you can get an additional 10% off which makes the stroller about 250 and the shipping is free. A GREAT price.

I have this stroller and bought it just for a toddler and a newborn. It's been a life saver and I still use it even though they are 18 months and 3 1/2 years.
    Last edited by diegosmom; 01-09-2010 at 11:19 AM.

LAMom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Which is better for moderate suburb/indoor use, BJCED or BJCMD? Albee baby has BJCED on great sale too, and I am trying to pick between these two deals. I will have a toddler and newborn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast