Default Lunchbox organizing container--my $5 find at Container Store

I liked the idea of a laptop lunchbox but didn't want to spend the money and already had a lunchbox from PBK (that clips onto his backpack).

But I found something at the Container Store for $5 that I've used this week and am really liking. It's called a Klip-It Lunch Cube and it has one closed area that works great for a sandwich and then two open compartments (one's larger than the other). I've used those for veggies on one side (e.g., baby carrots) and fruit on the other side. It fits perfectly in his lunchbox with room for a water bottle as well as space for another snack cube.

The first day DS did have trouble opening up the compartment where the sandwich goes, but we worked on it at home and he's since been able to easily open it. But I'd suggest trying it out in the store yourself in case it's a problem for your child.

I also bought a small Klip-It snack container that's worked well for snacks (e.g., cheddar bunnies or yogurt).

Here's the link to the lunch cube in case you're interested:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10021676

I've stuck it in the dishwasher every night and like the fact that it's BPA-free. Just thought I'd pass along this find...

ETA that the picture shows the cube in clear but our store stocked a blue (somewhat purplish) color as well.
    Last edited by justlearning; 08-21-2009 at 04:21 PM.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks for posting this. I do have a laptop lunch box, which I really like. But I wanted some different containers for the days when I"m not filling up all the boxes.

What type of lunch box/bag are you putting it in? I'm realizing that my DS's lunch box probably won't be big enough to take a complete lunch (w/ beverage) and a snack (w/ beverage).

Thanks
    Colleen

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZaz View Post
    What type of lunch box/bag are you putting it in? I'm realizing that my DS's lunch box probably won't be big enough to take a complete lunch (w/ beverage) and a snack (w/ beverage).

Thanks
    Colleen
    I'm using the Varsity lunch bag from Pottery Barn Kids. They're no longer available but selling on ebay if you want to see a picture.

It's not very deep--definitely not as deep as the Critters lunch box that we previously had from LLBean. So I took the lunch bag with me to Container Store to make sure that whatever I bought would fit. This cube item that I linked does fit, along with a water bottle, and room for a banana, cheese stick, or small container on top.

sue_g is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I got that box from the container store last year and just starting using it for my ds this year. I really like it too and my children can now open it.