Thread: Nikon School

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Nikon School

I'm taking a Nikon School class this weekend. If anyone has attended, did you take your camera with you? Any tips? TIA

I didn't take my camera with me, nor did I feel it was necessary. If you want, you can bring yours along to try to follow the instructor step-by-step, but in my experience, they went too quickly to really follow along all that well. IIRC, they also gave us handouts and booklets, which I thought were more helpful.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    I didn't take my camera with me, nor did I feel it was necessary. If you want, you can bring yours along to try to follow the instructor step-by-step, but in my experience, they went too quickly to really follow along all that well. IIRC, they also gave us handouts and booklets, which I thought were more helpful.
    Thanks!! I didn't want to lug it with me. Hoping to do a bit of shopping after class - much easier without the camera.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Let me know how you enjoy the class. Are you doing both days? DH & I definitely want to do this one of the sessions, but not this weekend!

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    Let me know how you enjoy the class. Are you doing both days? DH & I definitely want to do this one of the sessions, but not this weekend!

Laura
    I will - No, I'm only doing Saturday - I'm just learning to use my camera and felt the other class would be too advanced for me at this stage. Hopefully I can take the advanced class the next time they offer it.