Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have to keep some bleach in the house for truly heinous incidents. And I lurve my Magic Erasers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Review Mommy View Post
    Bar Keepers Friend-not just for pots and pans... difficult spots, rust. I use it almost dry with very little water think thick paste.

Be very wary of Bar Keepers Friend - it's really toxic. Check out the label sometime and you'll see what I mean. I used to use it to clean my SS sink and some pots/pans, but I switched to Bon Ami. Bar Keepers Friend works great, but Bon Ami is a close second.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I've mostly switched to vinegar and water, but I really like the disposible toilet cleaners.
    But, I just hate hate hate having the icky toilet bowl brush sitting around. .
    I get very icked out by the brush.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Default Favorite Household product

I also love the magic erasers and my other favorite product is the new Finish dishwasher tablets. It just came on the market this month and I love it!! I dont even rinse my dishes anymore!

let73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by salsah View Post
    vinegar for windows.

cloth diapers instead of swifer. (i put them on the swifer mop adn use vinegar for mopping (sometimes dry for sweeping), then throw them in the washing machine.)
    GREAT idea using the cloth diapers with the Swiffer mop! I'm going to try that.

The one cleaning product that I can't part with is actually one that I don't need to part with because it's "green." It's "red juice" all-purpose cleaner from the clean team (http://www.thecleanteam.com/catalog_f.cfm). I also like their "blue juice" cleaner which is like Windex but also "green."

I've been using these products since 2006 and just purchased more a couple of days ago because I wouldn't want to ever be without them in case the company went under (although they've been in business for a long time). The red juice is the best--I use it for almost all of my general cleaning (countertops, stovetop, etc.), but what it's really wonderful on is carpet. I watched the clean team's DVD and saw that they recommend using the red juice with their cleaning toothbrush they sell (wonderful tool--works WAY better than a regular toothbrush) to clean carpet stains. I've done this every time we've gotten a stain and our carpet has remained completely stain-free as a result. It's gotten out putty, crayons smashed in, playdoh, food, dirty/greasy footprint, etc. Because it's a concentrate that you mix yourself, I find that the cost is very reasonable as well.

ETA that they also have other wonderful products that I use (I'd be happy to answer any questions). I just ordered more of their premium cleaning cloths too (http://www.thecleanteam.com/catalog_f.cfm). I use them for cleaning EVERYTHING and like how they're lint-free and strong so that they can scrub well. After 2 1/2 years of lots of use, some are getting small holes in them but are still going strong. I just wanted more so that I can have plenty on each of the levels in our home.
    Last edited by justlearning; 03-15-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5