Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I had no idea that they most painful part of the experience would be when they come in afterwards to "massage" (what a ridiculous term for this) your uterus. Some of the nurses are more enthusiastic about it than others, it hurts like hell!

I had one CS emergency--I was out cold.
    I'd definitely plan on taking the pain medicine--for at least the first 4-5 days. Everyone is different but don't even dream of not taking it the first day or two. YIKES

And bring the granny panties--regular underwear (and the yoga pants I planned on wearing home) were far too uncomfortable on my incision.

My hospital had this cool apparatus that connected to some support hose type things which fit up to my knees. It would kicks on and off and squeezes your legs to prevent swelling and rid your body of all of the extra fluid from the procedure. It was awesome!!!!

Best of luck--hope everything goes super smoothly
    K

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was only allowed to stay for two nights....it ended up being exactly 48 hours. They kicked me out, and I was really reluctant to leave since the girls were still in the NICU....maybe my insurance just wouldn't pay but they said I had no option to stay, which was sad.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was only allowed to stay for two nights....it ended up being exactly 48 hours. They kicked me out, and I was really reluctant to leave since the girls were still in the NICU....maybe my insurance just wouldn't pay but they said I had no option to stay, which was sad.
    This is shocking to me. Bill Clinton signed a bill into law during his administration that included this provision. Ugh. I'm sorry.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It depends on your insurance and who you work for.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    The shaking you experience is from the spinal block narcotics. I had it, too. Freaked out DH big time. But it's normal.
    I think shaking after birth may just be a universal thing, regardless of drugs. It happened to me both times.

Beth

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Your insurance would have paid - they are required to cover 96 hours after a c-section. More likely the hospital needed the room.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Here's a post I wrote after my c-section with my tips and a few other posters' tips too: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...on+pillow+mask

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That is sad. I am surprised they did not have an option for a place for you to stay/sleep adjacent to the NICU.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Your insurance would have paid - they are required to cover 96 hours after a c-section. More likely the hospital needed the room.
    Yeah, I thought for sure it was a mandatory 4 days. Of course, when I was there I asked, (really begged) for more but there just wasn't a good reason. This just makes me mad to hear the hospital kicked her out, KNOWING she had twins in the NICU. Some of the nurses at our hospital told me that in cases like this, the doctors do everything they can insurance-wise to allow the mother to stay. It's hard enough recuperating from a twins' c/s but then to have to drive back and forth to the hospital to visit the babies in the NICU? grrr...
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    My hospital had this cool apparatus that connected to some support hose type things which fit up to my knees. It would kicks on and off and squeezes your legs to prevent swelling and rid your body of all of the extra fluid from the procedure. It was awesome!!!
    I had this too... But wear socks! Man that thing made my feet sweat and itch like crazy.

ETA: This is really an awesome thread.
    Have a nice day!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast