Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default I'm somewhat ashamed to say.....

I am totally in the "twilight zone" here.

Please, no spoilers, as I am impatiently awaiting the Amazon order of Books 3 & 4, but I am just here to confess, I can hardly stop thinking about the story. I was afraid the second one would disappoint me, but I actually really got into the story even more through New Moon.

I've always loved to read, but I'll confess I haven't really been drawn into a good book since college. Until now.....

What is it about these books that is so addictive? I mean, the main characters are kind of ridiculous but I still find myself daydreaming about vampires! I am used to reading much more sophisticated literature, and I'm embarrassed to even tell DH how much I like them. If I do, he will probably pick one up and explode into laughter!

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

They are kind of strangely addictive aren't they? I read the first one just to see what all the fuss was about. I liked it o.k., but really had no intention of reading the second one until I read the teaser chapter at the end of the first book. For some reason that little bit hooked me and I finally put myself on the wait list for book #2 at the library because I'm feeling compelled to read it still. Although it doesn't help we've been watching True Blood either--kind of puts you in the mood to keep reading about vampires.
    Jen

I totally got addicted to them too!!!! And would daydream about becoming a vampire

DH laughed and laughed at me ~ then he had a long car trip and was looking for some "fluff" to listen to. I got him Twilight on cd ~ guess who's hooked now ~ LOL
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Yeah, I was tempted to tell DH to read it; on the one hand, he likes Harry Potter, CS Lewis, Tolkien, etc. but on the other hand, the mushy stuff may gross him out. My brother read the first book and called it "girls' p*rn", which I can sort of understand!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Upon first read of this post, I totally thought you meant the Twilight Zone maraghon on the sci-fi channel, which is going on right now for the New Years holiday, as they do every year. I was excited to post that my favorite is "Once Upon a Time" with Buster Keaton, which I missed this year since it was on at 6:30am ... but then I saw that no, indeed, what you meant was Twilight the vampire book.

Heh.

Happy Twilight Zoning, whatever your flavor of the Zone is!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

If we had cable (other than like 8 channels) I would totally be watching the real Twilight Zone.
    I love that show!

I loved them too and read all 4 in about 10 days! I don't know what it is about them either, but I was obsessed! Book 2 was my least favorite, but 3 and 4 are amazing! Enjoy them.

Ann

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy
    Upon first read of this post, I totally thought you meant the Twilight Zone maraghon on the sci-fi channel, which is going on right now for the New Years holiday, as they do every year. I was excited to post that my favorite is "Once Upon a Time" with Buster Keaton, which I missed this year since it was on at 6:30am ... but then I saw that no, indeed, what you meant was Twilight the vampire book.

Heh.

Happy Twilight Zoning, whatever your flavor of the Zone is!
    LOL! Same here! DH is a Twilight Zone addict (well almost) and we watch a lot of the marathon. we were just talking about the fact that they've been doing it for a lot of years now! his fav episode is "To serve man" which was on last night around 10pm for us (he was falling asleep). dh has a bunch of other favorite episodes!

I love the entire series, but I was very disappointed at the end of Breaking Dawn. . .

SPOILER ALERT!!!

A love shield???? Really? It just seemed too "easy"--like she didn't really want to write a complicated battle scene and just copped out. Very Hallmark "it all works out great in the end for everyone."

That aside, I could not put them down which I haven't had that type of "need to read" since Harry Potter. I know. I'm a 31 year old mother addicted to teen lit. I justify it because I'm also a teacher and I have to "know what the kids are reading." LOL.

Interestingly enough, I have a lot of parents who won't let their daughters read them because they are about vampires (supposedly Satanic, anti-Christian witchcraft-type thing) and the sex. I tried to explain that they WAIT to have sex until they get married and that the protagonist vampires fight for NOT killing. I mean the whole series is full of very moral and religious messages--the author is a Mormon for heaven's sake--but they still won't let their kids read what they themselves won't read to even find out if it's "appropriate."

(Wow, I really like "" marks. . . . .)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got book 4 for Christmas and basically ignored my family for 2.5 days while I read all 750 pages... I thought the last one was GREAT!!!

I'm sad it's over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast