Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What are you getting your 3 year old for Christmas?

I have a 3 year old daughter and was just looking for some new ideas!

Thanks!

Jenny

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well - we are thinking duplos (see other post!). I also need to replace our doll strollers and play kitchen because I went the cheap route last year and regret it now! My mom is getting them (I have twins - they also have their 3rd bday right before xmas, so this is a combination of everything) the American Girl Bitty Twins. I may add to their play dishes and get a tea set.

They are getting dress up stuff from another grandma. We may add to their train set - I will ask my dad for some Thomas building or bridge or something. Lots of books and music. A stationery set (a cheap one - they love letters and mail). A wooden farm set that I bought a couple years ago at Tuesday Morning. That is all I can think of right now... Oh - maybe an easel from IKEA if we get the playroom done in time.

A friend got her dds scooters for their 3rd bday and they are a big hit (Like a 3 wheel skateboard with a handle).

My girls looked at the FAO schwarz catalog yesterday and were only interested in the doll accessories page. They each picked out 3 strollers that they "needed" and carried the pages around. These are girls that never play with dolls and are rougher than most of the boys in playgroup!

Just wanted to mention that if your girls are into dolls, we bought a fabulous doll cradle, high chair, and stroller combo at Costco last Christmas. Very well made and DD plays with all 3 daily. It was a pain to put together though! Don't know if they'll sell it again this year, but might be worth checking out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by fivi2
    Well - we are thinking duplos (see other post!). I also need to replace our doll strollers and play kitchen because I went the cheap route last year and regret it now! My mom is getting them (I have twins - they also have their 3rd bday right before xmas, so this is a combination of everything) the American Girl Bitty Twins. I may add to their play dishes and get a tea set.

They are getting dress up stuff from another grandma. We may add to their train set - I will ask my dad for some Thomas building or bridge or something. Lots of books and music. A stationery set (a cheap one - they love letters and mail). A wooden farm set that I bought a couple years ago at Tuesday Morning. That is all I can think of right now... Oh - maybe an easel from IKEA if we get the playroom done in time.

A friend got her dds scooters for their 3rd bday and they are a big hit (Like a 3 wheel skateboard with a handle).

My girls looked at the FAO schwarz catalog yesterday and were only interested in the doll accessories page. They each picked out 3 strollers that they "needed" and carried the pages around. These are girls that never play with dolls and are rougher than most of the boys in playgroup!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DC LOVES the Bilibo that we received last Christmas! I know there are quite a few people who don't like them, but DC plays with it EVERY day! It's a tent, a stool, a seat, a volcano, a stool, a rocking cradle, ect.

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our 3 yo is getting a goldfish from Santa.

Also under the tree from us will be

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca|searchResults~~p|LC1102~~.jsp

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-C.../dp/B00005BVRQ

http://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_comp..._body_girl.cfm

And in her stucking will be some dolls that I collected on eBay like the ones I had as a child.

http://www.dollinfo.com/honeyhill.htm

DS turns three just after the first of the year, so bday/xmas ideas are:
    -Trip to PetSmart to buy a goldfish or betta
    -Stomp Rocket
    -Bike (either balance or 2-wheel w/training wheels)
    -Tour of fire station (we'll probably do this with his friend from day care in lieu of a bday party)
    -Matchbox cars and garage
    -TinkerToys

And of course, books and clothes, and stocking stuffers like toothbrushes and batteries.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

This is what is on the list so far:
    From us:
    Build a Bear kitty and outfit
    Jungle in my Pocket plus and add on set of two of animals. I never would have thought to buy this for her, but she saw this at a friends house and loved it.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3098949

From Family:
    Digitial Camera
    Tupperwear mini sets (she plays tea party with real food and I want to be able to wash the dishes)
    http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/...r=P10089961000
    DVD's, books and stocking stuff.

I am really trying to keep it smaller this year

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One other thing my girls got last year which still get daily play are those bigger cardboard brick blocks. We got them on super sale from Lillian Vernon last year. My girls LOVE them. (I know others who don't, but they are huge in our house).

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We've decided to do musical instruments, but not exactly sure what. She has a (crappy) xylophone, a wooden drum and tambourine already - maybe some small additional instruments, since she is really into them. Would welcome any suggestions!

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I haven't decided what I am going to actually buy, but here is my list of things to check out

magnatiles
    Nilo table (probably his big gift)
    Monogrammed Tote bag for the Library
    Wow Toys Truck (crane maybe? we have the garbage truck and he loves it)
    Playmobile (has a small set and has really enjoyed it, will add more pieces)
    Geo Tracks
    Lego Sets
    Word Whammer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast