Thread: Help! (tmi)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    zephyr is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Help! (tmi)

Okay, this is kind of embarassing for me to write but here I go: so I have never really been constipated in my life. Ever. Not even after having a baby. That is why I'm concerned now because I am. This has been going on since around the end of June, on and off. On for a couple of weeks, off for a day or two, if that makes any sense. I have taken docusate, which is supposed to be the most gentle stimulant that is over the counter, only a handful of times. And I'm wondering if that is what's causing the constipation to go on. I mean, does taking stimulants like that (although VERY seldomly) make it harder for your body to function without them? I used to go 1-3x/day, now its like I'm lucky if I go once every 2 days. Which is what's causing me to worry cuz its never been that spread apart. I don't think I have any other weird symptoms, so maybe it's just a lack of exercise and I am really trying to drink more water and eat more fruit, which hasn't helped. But I'm guessing more physical activity might do the trick, it's just hard to get out and do stuff with my schedule. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I wasn't sure where to post this, so mods please move if necessary.
    Last edited by zephyr; 09-12-2008 at 09:55 PM.
    Zephyr