alaible Guest

Default Anyone EC? Which cloth diapers do you use?

Hi all,
    I wanted to try EC (elimination communitation) with Paige but by the time I learned about it she was about 9 months old and she would cry everytime I tried to get her onto the baby bajorn potty or a regular adult potty so I figured I had waited to long and quit trying. I am expecting baby girl #2 in March and would like to give EC another try. I am just curious for those of you that EC what cloth diapers do you use. I assume you need diapers that are quick to get off. I don't think that letting her go diaperless is the way I want to go because I rather not have to clean up accidents all the time. Any experiences would be appreciated.

holliam Guest

Default RE: Anyone EC? Which cloth diapers do you use?

Do you know about the EC forum at MDC? That may be the best place for advice. I haven't seen many (or any?) EC posts here.

Holli

papal Guest

I agree with Holli.. MDC has a great EC section. Only mommyJ here has been successful with it. I did try it but once my dd started sitting and standing, she would have nothing to do with the potty.
    As for diapers, I used to just let her be nekkid during the day, or put a prefold on. It was the summer though. Can't imagine doing that in the winter. The thing is, they know how to hold their pee, so after they 'get it' that you will take them to the potty or sink, they will hold it for you. So any kind of diaper should work just fine.

alaible Guest

Thanks for the suggestion. What does MDC stand for? I want to check it out.
    Holly

rrosen is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

MDC= Mothering Dot Commune it is an online community connected to Mothering Magazine.
    Here is the link to the EC board: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...play.php?f=227

HTH!