liya Guest

Default Have any of you all found that what you have isnt enough

Ive been doing the CD thing now without a dryer recently and have to actually go to my fathers house to wash and dry so i do it when necessary....Originally i planned to wash every 2 days but man 30 diapers just doesnt cut it for us...And im really shocked about that too cause i thought they were way too many.....I mean 30 diapers leaves us with no room whatsoever to wash and dry everything by the third day and i really didnt want to wash every day...sigh....i guess ill have to but man....i really thought that would be enough :'(

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Have any of you all found that what you have isnt enough

Well, I have the stash I really like (12 toddler CPFs and 9 hemp fitteds and 2 nighttime fitteds) and then I have the other diapers, that I use when I have to, of which there are about 15. I have found occasionally that I need to break into my "other" stash, but not too often. I think that 30 would be a good size stash for me. But I think that you change Arian really often, no? I probably change Sarah about 8 times a day.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

liya Guest

Probably about 12-15 times a day...sigh....but sometimes if he drinks alot of water(which in this heat he takes my glass of water and asks for some...and how can i deny that)....i mean its sooooooooooooo hot down here...wow, ppl would have a blast in the beach this summer...but i fear a hurricane approaching...they usually come when its really hot.....

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some days it seems like I don't have enough. Other days, it seems fine. I don't think I even have 30 diapers (I just counted, I have 21 w/ 14 in heavy rotation) and I probably change Nate as often as Beth changes Sarah.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

toomanystrollers Guest

Well considering I'm still a newbie...just when I think I have my system complete, I come here and read about fuz, buzfuz, fuzzy this and that. I remember the days when the only fuz I knew about was a drink - "fuzzy navel".

Sigh,

Rhonda36 Guest

Before I bought a bunch of new stuff in bigger sizes, I probaby had 36 diapers total, and I have to do laundry every other day (it often takes two diapers for every feeding -- Spencer likes having a clean canvas).

Now I just counted, and I've got *gasp* 38 diapers PLUS 18 cpfs. Oops! I think I'll temporarily retire the Mother Ease until he gets bigger.

I find every other day to be managable, but of course, I'm not hauling it all over to my father's house to do it.