Judegirl Guest

Default Wakefulness is part of teething, right??

Because we've completely lost afternoon nap and bedtime...dd stays awake from about 3pm until about 10pm (she'd been going to bed at 6:30/7pm for over a month) - no sleep in sight.

If we just roll with it and chalk it up to teething, will her sleep come back?

:)
    Jude

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default RE: Wakefulness is part of teething, right??

For us, we had some really bad nights right before his first tooth popped out. Then, we had a couple more bad nights. After that, we had 2 weeks of the best sleep ever! Then, a couple bad nights and tooth #2. I'm hoping that by this weekend, we'll all be sleeping better.

I hope she pops a tooth soon :).
    Kris

Whenever you wonder if something is part of teething, just ask yourself this simple question: "If someone were slowly sawing nail sharp bones thru my tender gums, how would I act?" ;) Would you be able to sleep? Probably not. I'm sorry it' so rough there! It will get better soon!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Judegirl Guest

LOL - Uh-oh...Have I been asking teething questions that much?? (It used to be sleep I was buggin' everyone about last month!)

It's actually not that bad at all...she's not screaming or crying or anything. (In fact, that's why I've had a hard time figuring all of it out!) She just sleeps very little, wakes up very often, and fusses whenever we put her down for a minute. That's the biggest difference; she was a very self-entertaining baby before all of this.

On one hand, it's breaking my heart, but on the other, I keep worrying that if this isn't because of the teething, it's the beginning of some awful habits!

Thanks,
    Jude

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you tried giving a dose of Baby Tylenol or Baby Advil?

Some nights, DS, who also shows all signs of teething but no teeth yet, just fusses and fusses, which is incredibly abnormal for him. If we give him some tylenol, it takes about 15-20 minutes for him to zonk right out. I wish I knew if it was his teeth or something else, but since he can't tell me I'm just grateful that he is able to sleep after giving him a dose.

I don't like taking meds or giving meds without cause, but like the PP said, imagine sharp bones trying to bust through tender gums...

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums