Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    tippy Guest

Default Can't sleep. Worried about DS's blood test tomorrow (today)....

Last week from Wed to Friday morning ds was running a fever which was spiking pretty high at night (103.6). He had no appetite and would take a bite of food and push whatever I was trying to feed him away. He also wasn't sleeping well and kept crying out for me throughout the night. I ended up bringing him into bed with me and he calmed down after nursing. I took him to the Dr. on Friday since the fever wasnt going away. She checked his throat and it was slightly red so she did a rapid strep test and decided to do a blood test just to be on the safe side. His strep test came out negative but his blood test was irregular. His white counts were high (which was to be expected due to the fever). She didn't seem concerned about this. The thing she was concerned about was his Hemoglobin levels. The normal range is 11.0-18.0 and he tested at 9.6. She also said the size of the cells were abnormal and they were smaller than they should be. I asked her what this meant and she just said that I should get some Poly-Vi-Sol with iron and some Fer-In-Sol (another iron supplement)and give them to him daily over the weekend and to brind ds back on Monday to have another blood test to see if his levels come up. If not they will do more bloodwork. I am hoping that his counts were low from the "virus" he supposedly had or that he is anemic which I can treat with supplements and diet. I don't even want to think about what the alternatives are. I have been ok most of the weekend but now that we are going to the Dr. in the morning I am getting a little freaked out. I can't sleep so I figured I'd share what was going on. Please keep AJ in your prayers today. I will keep you posted.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Can't sleep. Worried about DS's blood test tomorrow (today)....

Hope the blood test today turns out ok. I will be thinking of both of you. I can imagine how nerve wrecking this must be for you.

Carmen
    DD May 2003

Yikes, that is scary. I hate it when things like that happen because you try so hard to protect your children and when it comes to these situations it is completly out of your hands. Please let us know the results. I'll be thinking of AJ.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

ismommy Guest

I will be sending good thought to you an AJ. PLease keep us posted.
    Helene
    mommy to Isabella
    baby x EDD 1/11/05

toomanystrollers Guest

We'll be thinking of you and AJ - keeping everything crossed for you!!

Oh, I am so sorry you're going through this... I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Ana

barbarhow Guest

Teva-thinking of you and AJ today. I hope he is feeling better and that your tests today are all fine. Hang in there.
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

Oh Teva, big hugs to you and AJ. I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. I hope it is something that a little bit of iron will fix. Please let us know how it goes.

-Sonia

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Teva,

Thinking about AJ + you. Hope the test goes well and that AJ is feeling much better.

Jenn
    DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Teva,

I really hope that AJ is ok. My thoughts are with you!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast