todzwife Guest

Default What a beautiful thing!

Last night I had a little hormonal moment. After nursing Dallin he sort of fell off and I cried as I saw a dribble of milk run down his chin. It is such a wonderful feeling when I hear him swallow, and feel his little tummy become nice and full. (It resembles a frog belly! LOL)I am totally beginning to understand why women love to breastfeed! I initially decided to do it just because of the health benefits, but there really is a huge emotional bond that is developed as well! I never understood that until now. Thank you so much ladies for all your support and advice! I am looking forward to a beautiful nursing relationship with my son, and I couldn't have done it without you all!

spu Guest

Default RE: What a beautiful thing!

Hi shandelle,

Isn't that just so heartwarming? I still love that. I love hearing them gulp too. It's so neat when they look up at you and smile! Now, at 14 mos, the babies hold hands, clap with eachother, point to their noses, and mine... it's such a great escape into motherhood. I'm glad you shared this moment with us.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
    charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

Shandelle:

It is a wonderful thing. It seems that nursing is going well for you guys. Congrats!

Sonia
    Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jojo2324 Guest

Shandelle, stop it!! All of your posts about motherhood are making weepy!! :)

Rachels is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Isn't it amazing?! The fact that your body knows exactly the food he needs, complete with protection against the specific germs in his environment, and then delivers it just when he's hungry-- all that is simply a miracle. I'm glad you're enjoying nursing. It's such a precious experience.

-Rachel
    Mom to Abigail Rose
    5/18/02

nola Guest

I felt the same way about the little dribble of milk in the corner of my babies mouth. And she would just sack out in this state of total bliss. Thanks for reminding me how beautiful she was. She still loves breastfeeding, but she doesn't quite bliss out like she used to.

Oh, you brought back memories!! Now DD twirls my hair and giggles while I'm nursing her. It's the only time I can hold and snuggle her since she's always on the go! I love that time with her. It only gets better!!!!!

Lisa

bluej Guest

Ahh, that is so sweet! There are so many wonderful things about breastfeeding and the bond it creates. A literal bond in more ways than one! Currently my favorite is when Ryden needs to be burped but he still has that immense need to suck, so as I'm lifting him up to be burped I can see his little mouth just a going and ready to latch onto the first thing that it comes into contact w/. As soon as he gets near my face he lunges toward my fleshy cheek and just starts sucking away! Enjoy all of those blissful nursing moments!

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You're right, it's just the best. Matt doesn't do that too much anymore, he's more efficient (no drop gets away!) but I remember that blissful look. Now Matthew just loves to comfort himself sucking, and he used to fall asleep too fast for that. So, it's one little bonding moment instead of another--but they're all great!

Allison
    Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That is so sweet. Thanks for sharing that. I miss my little guy's 'milk drunk' state. Even when he wasn't going to be sleeping for a nap or at night, he'd take a 5 minute snooze nursing and just look so content. ;-)