KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default talk to me about chicken pox

I really suspect DS1 has come down with chicken pox He woke up with a low-grade fever and said he didn't feel good and had a couple of pimple looking spots which now are blistering and 3 or so more spots coming on. He has had the vaccine (ironic since we selectively vax). Does anyone know if his case might be milder b/c of having the vaccine? Ugh!!!
    K

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Yes, I think it is milder because of the vaccine.
    Do you have calamine lotion? Put it on so he doesn't scratch the spots. I had it as a kid and it's itchy!!! My sister has 2 small scars on her temple from sctratching - nothing really big and you wouldn't notice.

Take him to Dr. on Monday. Hope he feels better soon.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It is supposed to be but not always and NOT in Logan's case. His was HORRIBLE. Connor's was not as bad ( he was also vaccinated) Jack's case was about the same as Connor's and Jack did NOT have the vaccine.

Caladryl lotion works great on the spots ( calamine and benedryl)

If he hasn't had his 2nd vaccine get it documented so he does not need the second shot. I'd have him checked out no matter what. I know of someone who thought the children had chicken pox but turned out to be MRSA.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions