SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default endometriosis surgery recovery time and pain?

I had one done the summer of 2004, I honestly don't recall alot about it, I'm sure the first 3-4 days were the worst. I don't remember if I slowly got better or felt alot better after those few days, kwim? I just remember I wanted it done before I started looking for a job and started one a month afterwards.

These symptoms are also a ton worse, I don't know if that factors in on recovery-how much is done.

Our obstacles are that we don't have anyone to watch the boys, it will have to at least be done on a Friday. DH will be back at work on Mon. and the boys back in pre-school.

My cramps and mood swings are awful. AF has not even started yet, these cramps have been the worst ever, since last Thur evening.

I can't deal with this anymore and want the surgery asap. My appt w/ OB/GYN is next week, the nurse said I could probably have it done the following week.

DH is hesitant. I told him if I've suffered thru these horrendous, debilitating cramps since Thur. evening, (& still having them) I think I (we) can handle the recovery.

The mood-swings and ultra-sensitivity starts before the cramps, they take out 10 days of a month for me. I think if I have another month like this I will jump off a very tall building! Not really, but the mood swings sure make me feel like it.

TIA!!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

I had laparoscopic surgery about a year ago for endometriosis. I had my surgery on a Monday.
    I recall the first 2-3 days were the worst. Our bedroom is upstairs, and I could not climb stairs the pain was so bad. I slept on the sofa downstairs.
    By the 4th day (Thursday) I was able to comfortably drop off my DD at preschool.
    I went back to work the following Monday. I was a bit uncomfortable since I had developed a hematoma post-op, but I could work through it.
    So far, the menstrual and pelvic pain that I have now is nowhere nearly as intense as it was before surgery, and I am glad that I had the surgery.
    Good luck to you

mom to one girl, 9.5 years old
    and one boy, 5 years old

i had a laparoscopy and polypectomy as well. For me the abdominal pain was the easy part. Was on a ventilator so they could isolate the diaphram so don't know if that is standard or not. The rib soreness was much worse that the incisions!

Surgery was Thursday and Sunday was feeling mostly normal and went back to work on Monday.